Couple of recent videos... GT500 vs GT-R (1/8 mile) and vs H/C/I Z06 (street)

GT500Steve

Under Pressure
Established Member
Thought I would post a couple of videos from the past week.... I've done more racing the past ten days than I have in almost two years lol. Kinda missed it.....

1st clip is against a modified GT-R..... Holeshot win at local 1/8th mile track. According to the owner the mods to the GT-R were tune, down pipes, different intercooler, and drag radials. Super nice guy and a really fun race.

[youtube_browser]2wTE0UgBIpY[/youtube_browser]

2nd clip is against a H/C/I C6 Z06 (appx 540 RWHP)

[youtube_browser]aGb1b8tgDMo[/youtube_browser]

STCobra

STREDEYE
Established Member
Nice races. GTR was a bit faster but you got him on reaction! Close race! Nice... Against the ZO6, was he racing? J/K. That wasn't close. I miss my 2013 Shelby GT500 at times:)

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Nice races. GTR was a bit faster but you got him on reaction! Close race! Nice... Against the ZO6, was he racing? J/K. That wasn't close. I miss my 2013 Shelby GT500 at times:)

Slips had a 107 trap for GT500 vs 105 for GT-R so unless the GT-R let off the GT500 would have continued to walk away? Plus GT500 jumped about 1/2 to 1 car at start and was ahead by more than 1 at the end. GT-R wasn't even in the Go-Pro shot anymore?

Last edited:

kaz109

Established Member
Great runs...props to u for actually beating a bolt on gtr....most guys on here love to only run from 50-60mph against a bolt on gtr and act like they did something special. You beat him in the 1/8th with is even more impressive than the 1/4. You have beast of a car that is properly set up

STCobra

STREDEYE
Established Member
"most guys on here love to only run from 50-60mph against a bolt on gtr and act like they did something special." Before I bought my New 2015 GTR less than a month ago, I owned a 2013 Shelby GT500 with Van's 13-6 Kit. It had balls but-

I would not run a GTR on the street from a dig. I'd know the result. I would only race a GTR from a roll-HA! Race to your strength....

GT500Steve

Under Pressure
Established Member
Thanks for the kind words guys. The race with the GTR was a lot of fun.... he was .05 faster at the 60 ft mark and .01 faster at the stripe, but with the reaction time advantage I had him covered. Plus, pulling away up top was a fun feeling... I have a lot of respect for those cars. Hopefully going to take it back to the track on a set of slicks in the next few weeks, hopefully be in the 6.60 range in the 1/8th. I still have to leave too soft on the drag radials, can't hit it as hard as I would like.

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Nice runs man. Z06 did very well for being down 200rwhp. Looked like 2 cars maybe

kaz109

Established Member
Yes given your HP I would expect u too pull away pretty hard from a light bolt on GT-R....the better feeling I would think is doing what you did. Beat him from a dig . Its something most mustang owners on this site are scared to do. You are one of the few...stand up guy and beast of a car!

GT500Steve

Under Pressure
Established Member
Nice runs man. Z06 did very well for being down 200rwhp. Looked like 2 cars maybe

He was down a lot of power, but I didn't push my car as hard as I could have either. Slow shifts and didn't take it too crazy in the rpms.... He has about a 1000lb advantage, so that made up a LOT of the difference too.

Yes given your HP I would expect u too pull away pretty hard from a light bolt on GT-R....the better feeling I would think is doing what you did. Beat him from a dig . Its something most mustang owners on this site are scared to do. You are one of the few...stand up guy and beast of a car!

A little back history with our two cars, last time we ran I was on the stock blower and he was "closer" to stock, and I only trapped 101 on that pass. I think he expected it to go the other way, and he even mentioned afterwards he didn't expect me to trap 108. But yes, I was extremely happy to launch as hard as he was. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread