Cowboys and Aliens

BRNG ITT

Established Member
Outstanding movie! Jon Favreau FTW! Decent plot, (as decent as you can get with a million alien invasion movies out there) good action, witty humor, and I can't remember a single cheesy scene in the whole movie. Might even go see it again while it's in theaters.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Favreau is a great director. It scares me that he wont be directing the third IronMan, makes me wonder how good its going to be.

UFGatorGuy20

UFGatorGuy20
Established Member
I thought the movie was a piece of crap. There are absolutely zero surprises in the movie if you have an IQ greater than 4... from the cliche "omg I wish I had a son like you" to "omg I never in a million years would've thought you were an alien" to "omg everything is going to blow up or get shot at the very last second." Perhaps new storylines for a 6 year old. Kinda butt hurt over this one. At least my nachos and coke (which cost $13) were F-ing fantastic.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
I thought it was pretty good. It's a man movie, hot women, aliens, cowboys, guns, and blood. What do you expect? They pay the special effects guy more money than they do the writer, that's how you make a legit man movie lol.

sidewinderl

Established Member
I thought the movie was a piece of crap. There are absolutely zero surprises in the movie if you have an IQ greater than 4... from the cliche "omg I wish I had a son like you" to "omg I never in a million years would've thought you were an alien" to "omg everything is going to blow up or get shot at the very last second." Perhaps new storylines for a 6 year old. Kinda butt hurt over this one. At least my nachos and coke (which cost $13) were F-ing fantastic.

There were quite a few cliches...some worse than others. Personally I think alien invasion is the most idiotic movie cliche of them all. There was also some stuff that just wasn't explained...like the other alien. No ship...no gizmos...no nothin. How did it even get there? Was it planning to just spit on them?

But despite the flaws, I still enjoyed the movie (didn't even intend to watch it, but my brother was going to the store afterwards and I wanted to pick up some stuff lol). Not sure if it was intended, but I also love the major Joe Dirt reference ...Kicking Wing was their Indian tracker.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

this sounds like an awesome movie then.

No need for it to be like "The Notebook" or "No Country For Old Men" or whatever gay ass dramatic epic-storyline movies you might think are good.

Title is "Cowboys and Aliens". 'nuff said.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree that the title says it all. I would not expect this one to be anything remotely close to one of the epic storyline movies. But it sounds like it is well done for the movie it is. I'll definitely see it, but not at the theater.

UFGatorGuy20

UFGatorGuy20
Established Member
this sounds like an awesome movie then.

No need for it to be like "The Notebook" or "No Country For Old Men" or whatever gay ass dramatic epic-storyline movies you might think are good.

Title is "Cowboys and Aliens". 'nuff said.

I lost count of how many contradictions are in your post. There are a ton of great movies with bad titles on this list: IMDb Top 250

"gay ass dramatic epic-storyline?" Let me tell ya... that's all Cowboys and Aliens tries to be with losing someone close to you and getting revenge.

There are some really good moments in the movie thanks to Daniel Craig. But, Harrison Ford is just plain old now. It just felt like many dramatic scenes and highlighted action scenes have been played out countless times. I could just feel them coming as soon as certain elements between characters were introduced. Key scene... "eating an apple with a knife." Right there I knew a certain someone was going to die and there would be an "I'm sorry I was a dick to you your entire life moment" and then I knew there would be "thank gosh you gave me such a cool present b/c I was able to save myself from mr. bad alien!"

If you go into the movie with low expectations, don't mind lighting $10/person on fire, and just want to see some nice action scenes, then you'll probably give it anywhere from a B+ to a C-. I like to get a little bit more for my $'s worth... and based on the previews, I thought there would be a little more to it. :beer:

Last edited:

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Dude, its a summertime movie.

We get you wanted something more cerebral. What did you expect from a movie titled Cowboys and Aliens :shrug:.

How about not being a dick and just enjoy it for what it was MEANT to be. A fun summertime movie.

No need to get your panties in a wad having to write a thesis. A simple, meh I didn't care for it would suffice.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
It was a great action flick, with a smoking ultra hot chick in it.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Dude, its a summertime movie.

We get you wanted something more cerebral. What did you expect from a movie titled Cowboys and Aliens :shrug:.

How about not being a dick and just enjoy it for what it was MEANT to be. A fun summertime movie.

No need to get your panties in a wad having to write a thesis. A simple, meh I didn't care for it would suffice.

No kidding. Summer movies are made to be mindless entertainment, not Academy Award winners.

Users who are viewing this thread