Cracked targets ricers

oldmodman

Established Member
I particularly like the "Pikachu" body kit.

Doesn't everyone want their car to look like a funny little Anime character?

RedFord96

Established Member
that wouldve been funny............in 2004.

nobody even does that shit anymore.

I think the last time I saw a completely bodykit on a car was 2004.... an Integra that started out orange and faded into white like the Fast & the Furious. But I still see plenty of cars around that have fake scoops and stickers plastered all over them, and chrome highlights on door edges and fenders. Hell there's a Mustang convertible I see every few days with a Saleen body kit and green flame paint job going into silver. :xpl: I honestly don't know how ANYONE thinks that stupid shit looks good.

Thankfully most of the modded imports I see around are pretty clean, a lot of cars with the coffee can muffler but I don't really count those. Mostly pretty clean GTs/Cobras/SS/Z28s and a few subtle turbo DSMs and STis.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Have you been living in a cave since 2004? :p

No, ive been heavily prevalent in both import and domestic modding scenes since picking up my first 97 GST in '04, moving to a GT and subsequently a 03 Cobra. Been to enough meets throughout the valley and bay area to have seen it all and then some, and i can assure you, ricedom has died out.

All the people that did this were doing it to just fit in and usually didnt last long in the "scene". Most those cars are in junkyards due to being hackjobs and/or poor-people are driving them as beaters and generally not caring what it looks like as long as it runs.

Everyone else that modded because they liked modding and that might have stuck with those sorts of platforms are the ones running a gutted hatch that looks bone stock with a built K20 and a nice snail and putting down entirely respectable numbers. Or those people moved on to other platforms after learning what they could, just as I did (though i moved back, and constantly flip-flop between mustangs and dsm's). Lot of dsm guys are ditching their aged platform for the Evo 9 or 10 since its pretty much the same thing but way newer and better quality so you can put the same effort and money and get better results. Other guys moved onto domestics, LS1+nitrous, Cobras, ZO6's, etc. Its funny how many people i know locally that all have the fastest cars and learning what they had before, most of them have a DSM in their list of previous cars, and its usually the kicker to them learning how to mod or tune themselves.

Last edited:

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
First, you have to understand the difference between
a spoiler and a wing. They're both those little tail
pieces on the back of a car whose main functionality
on a street-legal vehicle is to look cool and make your
trunk a little harder to open
My favorite line of the article, And I have a speedstur on my Lightning :lol1:

Last edited:

Monster Mach

Established Member
number 2 sucks.. low profile= less roll... bigger rims= more tire that contacts the ground.. yes its more spinning mass but still

4a7191a

Established Member
they have fake BOV's ? for real? i want one on my lawmower for this spring. one good thing about rice is they give us a good laugh and are fun to spank in our rides. when i owned my rice mitsu. it looked stock , expect for the front mount I/C and 18's that were a dark grey.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
number 2 sucks.. low profile= less roll... bigger rims= more tire that contacts the ground.. yes its more spinning mass but still

Low profile does not mean less body roll. Technically it means MORE body roll. Also, bigger wheels does not equal more contact patch.

Less profile = less sidewall flex. Less sidewall flex equals more grip. More grip equals more body roll.

Big wheels are completely independent of contact patch. You can 20s on a 185 width tire (if someone made them), or you can have 20s on a 355 width tire. You can have 20s with huge sidewall, or 20s with a small sidewall. The only two things big wheels are for are aesthetics and brake clearance.

Users who are viewing this thread