Craftsman Hand-Tools Now Made in China

tomustang

Returning Video Tapes
Established Member
Stick to snap on tools:rockon:

Yeah cause buying a tool for 3 times the price (that's your warrenty fee by the way) is the way to go, not to forget hunting for the dealer truck that only swings by to sell you something won't replace your tool cause it's not cost effective on their part.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Yeah cause buying a tool for 3 times the price (that's your warrenty fee by the way) is the way to go, not to forget hunting for the dealer truck that only swings by to sell you something won't replace your tool cause it's not cost effective on their part.

because he/she does not make money on that.

01fast2v

Established Member
this is disappointing, just checked the torque wrench i bought 2 weeks ago, my impact gun and some impact sockets i have at work and they are all made in taiwan...guess i just bought them without checking because i always figured craftsman was U.S made

2012GTCS

Established Member
Absolutely Crazy. Totally disappointed. I'm in the same boat as the rest that say, craftsman was the sole reason I even steppe foot in a sears store. Good luck sears, I won't wimped when u fold out.

That said, they've been having good tool sales by me. Gonnna go see of their 260 pc kit is made in USA. Think it was $200 off.

TVSCobra

Established Member
The difference in the castings is so obvious......wtf???

More items getting out sourced to China........not good.:nono:

mike69440

Established Member
I think I will go buy a Chinese made Sears "Craftsman" ratchet.

The difference in the castings is so obvious......wtf???

More items getting out sourced to China........not good.:nono:

I think I will go buy a Chinese made Sears "Craftsman" ratchet.

Break it, return it, break it again, return it, break it again, return it. And so on.

There goes the profit margin!

Squamishcoyote

Wheel Hoppin
Established Member
God I hope Klein doesn't start outsourcing their shit too. I don't know how they are for other trades but as far as electrical they make the best tools. Sad that craftsman is going that route, if it's just going to break anyways I might aswell buy master craft

Dsg-shaker

American Slothstronaut!
Established Member
this is disappointing, just checked the torque wrench i bought 2 weeks ago, my impact gun and some impact sockets i have at work and they are all made in taiwan...guess i just bought them without checking because i always figured craftsman was U.S made

My 1/2 craftsman impact gun is made in japan, but its atlease 7 years old. cornwell tools are all prettymuch made in the usa, altease the hand tools (sockets, screwdrivers, air/impact tools.) but im not really into how they feel and quality... but thats personal preference.

Ill stick to my snap-on tools, love'em and honestly im not sure how ive gone without some of them :banana:

NeoTokyo

Established Member
Sid were you 84T's made in America?

I love my 84T's, I have been in some very tight places that even my thin ratchets couldnt grab a tooth on, the 84T would grab 2-3 teeth to get the job done. :)

Lets just hope after Sears is out of the hole that they will go back to American factories to have their tools made.

NeoTokyo

Established Member
btw, careful about those torque wrenches guys, they got rid of the lifetime warranty several years ago on all but one, the lowest end needle torque wrench.

I went in to replace an old twist n click torque wrench and they said that the new one that I would get would not have a warranty on it any longer. A total WTF moment.

That right there says; "Your old tools may have had a lifetime warranty on them, but once you trade them in for this new tool that does not have a lifetime warranty, you forfeit your lifetime warranty."

It is only a matter of time before they do that to all hand tools at the rate they they are going.

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
How many parts on the new Mustangs come from Japan and other countries? I hate to think about it. I remember hearing the delay of the Boss 302 was due to Japanese parts delays.

pknn158l.jpg

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
While this is disappointing, it is expected and common place these days. Making an extra few cents is more important than making a customer for life.

Every piece of craftsman tools I own (with the exception of the 3 ton) was made right here. And after all of the trials and tribulations I've put them through, they still function perfectly and look to be in great shape. I wouldn't expect the same from crap made in China.

Each and everyone of us has a father or grandfather who's tools we now have in our possession. It doesn't take much to look at the general decline of quality as decades passed.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Sid were you 84T's made in America?

I love my 84T's, I have been in some very tight places that even my thin ratchets couldnt grab a tooth on, the 84T would grab 2-3 teeth to get the job done. :)

Lets just hope after Sears is out of the hole that they will go back to American factories to have their tools made.

They haven't arrived yet.

Users who are viewing this thread