Sponsored by

Thunderbolt Motorsports

Date: February 22, 2004
Time: 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Place: Crandon Park
Address: 4000 Crandon Boulevard
Key Biscayne, Florida 33149
Park Phone Number: (305) 361-7385 or (305) 361-5421

Use the North Beach entrance to the park. Our residence for the day will be Shelter # 8.

Car Count (est.) as of 02/05/04: 94

General Info:
I am putting together a BBQ/get together at Crandon Park for my fellow Mustang/Ford owners. This is your invitation to come and have fun.

The park has a huge parking lot where we can show off the cars, have a photo shoot and what not. I will be providing a covered shelter with BBQ grills. There is an excellent beach if you want to go for a swim, and an area where we can play volleyball and soccer on the beach as well (balls included).

I will set up a meeting time at around 10:30 AM for anyone that wants to meet up before the meet and cruise to the park with me. More details on that later.

Tentative Itinerary:
11:00 AM – Get to Park.
11:30 AM – Opening Speech (We'll see, haha!)
12:00 PM – Fire up the grill!
12:30 PM – Volleyball Game
01:00 PM – Soccer Game
02:00 PM – Group Pictures (Cars and People, Cars, People)
03:00 PM – Closing Speech.
Relax till 5:00 PM

Since no one listens to me you guys will just end up doing whatever you want. Haha.

Fine Print:
$1.00 - Entrance Fee to Key Biscayne
$4.00 - Parking Fee at Crandon Park
$5.00 - Intimidators Fee to cover cost of food.

In total you are looking to spend about $10.00.

If you plan on attending you can PayPal the $5.00 to [email protected] or give it to me if you see me at one of the local meets. All monies need to be in by Friday, February 20th 2004. If you are planning on going and cannot get me the money in time the only thing I ask is for you to bring some food/drinks to help out with the BBQ. Whatever money I get will go toward the purchase of food and drinks. So, if you want to eat, donate some money (or bring some food to share). Also, alcoholic beverages are allowed in the park but I will NOT be providing any. If you want to bring some to share you are more than welcome to do so.

There are only three simple rules:

Have fun.
Don't bring any pets (the park doesn't allow them).
Don't do anything stupid (I plan on coming back to this park).

See you at Crandon Park!

Thanks,
D. Sarraff
www.intimidator.netfirms.com

P.S. For information on the park check out the following links:

Crandon Park Link One
Crandon Park Link Two
Crandon Park Link Three

For driving directions click here.

cc.
svtperformance.com
mustangworld.com
corral.net
stangnet.com
tchracing.com
mach1registry
southfloridamustangs
v6power.net
blueovalnews
f150online.com
teamshinoda
svtworld.com
turbomustangs.com

Last edited:

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
I guess everyone is still :sleeping: .

See all the cool sh!t you miss when you're snoozing off!

:D :rockon:

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
He probably already got the car and is being selfish, keeping it all to himself. Haha. Ben, Greg and I are more than willing to "tag" along when you go to make the deal on the Cobra.

Originally posted by ZincDude
Yeah Ben WTF? We need some car details!! Hey Intimidator when do you need some bread?

Whenever you want to send it over to [email protected] you can. Unless of course you're talking about making me a sandwich, in which case I'll have to meet you somewhere.

ZincDude

Blah
Established Member
I guess I need to figure out the paypal thing. Would you like cheese with your tubesteak sandwich!!:-D Hijack!!

GoatDaddy

Man, you guys are strange. Must be a Miami thing. And D? If Greg offers you a sandwich, RUN!!!

The Cobra is just waiting for the okay from the Mrs. She wants to get our holiday paid off the credit cards, and evaluate our 04 budget. She's nitpicky like that, but I'm used to it...and I'm grateful that she handles all the family finances so I don't have to!!

I have a nice chunk of change set aside for the down payment on the Cobra, got a quote on how heinously I'm going to be raped on insurance, etc.

Probably by the end of Jan.

ZincDude

Blah
Established Member
I can't imagine what the insurance is on that!! My insurance is $2700.00 yearly. Last year my insurance was only $1400.00 and my new rate came in at $2400.00 and went up $300.00 because of the new Mach. It's funny how insurance goes up and your car depreciates. What is the rate? curious!! What's wrong with my sandwiches? You said you liked the hand made mayonaise!!

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
Insurance: :fm:

Well my insurance just went from $381 a month to $262 a month for the GT. So, I'm content for now. In January it's going to drop another 15% or so. I'm just glad that they started using lube on my ass.

Oh yeah, did someone say "Aerial photograph of all the cars together with a beautiful sandy beach as the background?"

I think someone did! :D

Guys, I'm getting carried away again! :uh oh:

ZincDude

Blah
Established Member
How do we get the cars close enough to the beach over there? But that sounds totally awesome!! Do you know somebody that does aerial photos? Go ahead and get carried away cause I do most of the time!!:-D:beer:

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
Originally posted by ZincDude
How do we get the cars close enough to the beach over there? But that sounds totally awesome!! Do you know somebody that does aerial photos? Go ahead and get carried away cause I do most of the time!!:-D:beer:

I would tell you, but then I'd have to kill you! :coolman:

Trade secrets my friend, trade secrets....

Seriously though, I'm trying to get in bed with one of the park managers. There is a track/soccer field between the north beach and the south beach. Right behind it there is a grass field that runs all the way up to the sand (no wall unlike the rest of the park) and it is big enough to hold a crap load of cars. As long as you guys aren't afraid to put your cars on grass it's all good. As far as the aerial picture goes, I have devised a contraption made out of ten 99 cent kites that will hopefully carry me up high enough and for a long enough period of time for me to take a couple of pics before plumeting to my doom. In other words, I'll probably be renting an amphibious motorized glider and I'll fly over a couple of times to take pics. They are a little bit before the park, right after one of the bridges, and I've gone on them before so that's why I got the idea. More money...:( I'm going to be living in the trailers with you and Ben by the time this is all over.

ZincDude

Blah
Established Member
Well you are welcome in Ben's trailer anytime!! There is this guy who flys an ultra lite where I launch the ski at and he usually takes pictures when he's up in the air. If I run into him between now and the picnic I'll see if it's possible to get an aerial view. If not I'm sure we will get some good pics anyways. Peace Out!!

GoatDaddy

Man, I'm looking forward to the bbq, Cobra or not. How about the Boatpix.com people who fly around in helis taking pictures of boats? They could easily cruise by Crandon and take a shot of the cars.

I don't remember exactly what the rate was, but it wasn't pretty. I'm going to look into other insurance companies; right now we have Progressive, and they've been the best so far, but can't hurt to look elsewhere. Oh well, gotta pay to play. I'm going to try to get get cheaper insurance because it will be a "pleasure" vehicle.

And Greg? I think they linked the latest outbreak of mad cow disease to your "handmade mayonnaise."

Users who are viewing this thread