Crank sensor issue

calgarybandit

Established Member
So last fall I broke my supercharger belt and had to order a new one. After I installed the new belt my car started fine, went to operating temperature, turned it off and on one more time with no issues. Then I went to go restart the car and it would crank but not stay running. I checked the fuel pressure, pumps, spark, fuses, battery was fine, alternator, clean connections, starter etc so I threw a Hail Mary and replaced the crank sensor car worked fine with no issues for 2 months and then it was parked for winter.

On the weekend I replaced the belt on my Vortech JT started the car to operating temperature and car was working great. I back the car out to clean my garage go to pull the car back in and same thing car would not turn over just crank. Any reason my crank sensor would go again? talked to Ford and tons of other gear heads and I get many puzzled looks :eek:

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
So every time you replace the blower belt the crank sensor goes out? Sounds like turbo time. :D

Just to verify, the tach shows zero rpm when cranking? It's usually around 150 rpm. If not, maybe a pin fit issue in the connector?

calgarybandit

Established Member
Just the last 2 times I switched the belt car starts fine gets up to operating temperature and then it will turn over but not stay running. I don't think it has anything to do with the belt I find it a coincidence both times the car sat for a bit and tuned on the exact same symptoms happened. Yes I wish a Lund turbo kit was kicking around.

Last edited:

Stevem17500

Established Member
Just the last 2 times I switched the belt car starts fine gets up to operating temperature and then it will turn over but not stay running. I don't think it has anything to do with the belt I find it a coincidence both times the car sat for a bit and tuned on the exact same symptoms happened. Yes I wish a Lund turbo kit was kicking around.

Changed belt couple times no issues might be other issues sorry for the trouble

Users who are viewing this thread