Crazy Fast RC Plane

Saleen313

Cat Herder
Established Member
I'd lose that thing. You'd have to strap some bino's to my face so I could see the damn thing while flying.

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
That is the coolest thing I have seen in a long time, great post :beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I trying to understand how he controls it, too. It's insanely fast and I'd imagine very easy to lose sight of it. I wouldn't want to imagine that thing breaking loose from the control and hitting something or someone. Wow!

Nanner

Established Member
Premium Member
They are actually not that hard to control. You don't just jump into jets when first getting into rc planes. You start small with nitro/electric etc.... Its like riding a bike after that. That jet is small, but the camera intensifies how hard it is to see....it's not that hard to see, it's just fast. You must be on top of the sticks to stay up with the speed.

Here is a 1/4 scale (i believe) bandit crash at a show a few years ago. Kiss 7-10 grand goodbye.

clipser - Bandit Crash @ Joe Nall 2007

Mikw4

Established Member
quick search...
Jetcat p160
Thrust: 36 lbs @ 125,000 RPM
Weight: 3.1 LB
Diameter: 4.4 inches
RPM Range: 32,000 - 125,000 RPM
Exhaust gas temp.: 650°C-750°C
Fuel consumption: 17 oz per/min at full power
Fuel: Jet A1, 1-K kerosene
Lubrication: approximately 5% synthetic turbine oil in the fuel
Maintenance interval: 25 hours
$4195 :eek:
JetCat P160
just insane

Espo

lP ll llVll lP
Established Member
Thats bad a$$!

I bought a few electric and nitro planes in the past, and I had to give up the hobby because I couldn't control those things, how in the heck do you control these turbine powered RC planes?

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
They are actually not that hard to control. You don't just jump into jets when first getting into rc planes. You start small with nitro/electric etc.... Its like riding a bike after that. That jet is small, but the camera intensifies how hard it is to see....it's not that hard to see, it's just fast. You must be on top of the sticks to stay up with the speed.

Here is a 1/4 scale (i believe) bandit crash at a show a few years ago. Kiss 7-10 grand goodbye.

clipser - Bandit Crash @ Joe Nall 2007

Damn that looked gnarly. :rockon:

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
Once I heard the foreign language, I felt better.

The FAA or some other Fed governing body actually covers these kinds of RC models. If I am remembering correctly, speeds are actually capped for US flights at 200MPH. You also can only fly at designated zones for it, and these zones have to be a certain distance away from airports and buildings. You can only fly it during registered events, and there will be a failsafe transmitter (RC control unit) held by an event representative. The pilot also cannot display signs of intoxication, in order to be allowed to fly.

These are just some of the rules I remember reading about, in regards to turbine RC jets. It is VERY easy to build a destructive missile out of these things. I could be wrong about what I remember, since I got most of them from discussions in different hobbyist forums, but I think that if these rules are real, I can't say I disagree with them.

Users who are viewing this thread