crazy integra (pics inside)

BBriBro

Established Member
03 DSG Snake said:
I guess it's not a street car anymore :dw:
right, that's why I was asking about the VTEC solenoid, you can hook 12 volts to it, so it's always engaged, even with the stock cams, and it's a dog at low RPM, it sounds cool, all raspy and rough, but the high profile at 2000 RPMS doesn't do much on the street.

modmatt98cobra

yeah my 281 just beat you
Established Member
infrared1 said:
b18? if so, gsr or ls/vtec?

its an ls motor no vtech his dad owns a machine shop the car has the best of everything...........too much money into it i think but hey im the first one who gets a ride :coolman:

and yeah hes goin to drive it alot on the street its his main car in the summer it will be dialed down to about 450 on everyday pump tune then for special ocasions c16 thats y he wanted the fuel cell so he can drain it and swich to race gas in little time.

modmatt98cobra

yeah my 281 just beat you
Established Member
BBriBro said:
right, that's why I was asking about the VTEC solenoid, you can hook 12 volts to it, so it's always engaged, even with the stock cams, and it's a dog at low RPM, it sounds cool, all raspy and rough, but the high profile at 2000 RPMS doesn't do much on the street.

its a 4 banger its not goin to be a lowend monster no matter what u do but i think hes planning on shifting at 8500 +

6SpeedLover

Established Member
modmatt98cobra said:
yeah i will for sure we were talking about it today ......................and some of the guys he wants to take out this summer. lol
Some of the guys, or all of them, lmao :beer:

"WILL RACE FOR FOOD"

Bullitt66

Adiccted SVT Poster
Established Member
Phase1GSR said:
Yah alot of fast Hondas dont even use thier vtec. They use cams called VTEC killer cams which eliminate vtec.
actually, its called "Vtec-less", the car is in "vtec" mode all the time, so you don't feel a change at some RPM...

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
BBriBro said:
whats going on with the valvetrain? Where is the VTEC solenoid ? I thought maybe it wasn't installed yet, but it looks like a blockoff plate has been fitted, also, I see one anodized cam end cap, but not on the other one, I guess the engine just isn't finished, but what about the VTEC, is it common to disable it? I suppose it's OK for a race car, but man there would be no low end torque on the high lobe only.

VTEC really isnt needed in a setup like this. Since it has cams, it is kind of a moot point. The rest of the setup is full race, I would assume the cams are too, and would just run one lift all the time.

Nasty Notch

Resident Dissident
Established Member
Bullitt66 said:
actually, its called "Vtec-less", the car is in "vtec" mode all the time, so you don't feel a change at some RPM...

He was talking about the cams that do away with VTEC, which are called VTEC killers. And like he said, most high HP hondas use them(at least the bunch that I've seen)

Sweet looking project, definately get vids up ASAP, thats going to be a fun car
:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Ace5Oh

Established Member
Very nice setup. My friends is turbo-ing his GSR. Its going to be crazy. My friend right now is all motor he has no problems taking out Modded Fox 5.0's.

courterman05

Established Member
thats goin to be sick man... we've got some 400Hp hondas here. im starting a sleeved b16 build here soon next to my single turbo supra

good luck man with everything i'de like to see vids when its done and tuned

Bullitt66

Adiccted SVT Poster
Established Member
Nasty Notch said:
He was talking about the cams that do away with VTEC, which are called VTEC killers. And like he said, most high HP hondas use them(at least the bunch that I've seen)

Sweet looking project, definately get vids up ASAP, thats going to be a fun car
:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:
actually i was talking about the same cams... but its a domestic forum so never mind :)

Phase1GSR

Banned
Actually Bullitt66, I think we are talking about the same cams, I just didnt word it right I guess. But back to the car, badass car.

Users who are viewing this thread