Crazy Shit / F’ed Up Thread

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Heard about this and that cat must have been off the rails to take two strong males who are avid hunters. There's been a few Cougar attacks around here the last couple years and the two I can remember, the guy straight choked the cat out and killed it, and the other it attacked a woman in a group bike riding and the other women grabbed it and held it down with their bikes. The cat that attacked the boys was said to be 90lbs so it was still young but plenty strong. Given it tore the younger boy's face up immediately and dispatched the older brother quickly after, I assume it was a pretty mature hunter for its age.
IIRC, for the guy that choked the cougar out and killed it, turned out to be a very small cat. Not even what I would call a teen.

Did not hear the lady/bikes story…So dont know those details.

But im pretty certain that, with anything other than a very juvenile cougar, no unarmed strong male is winning that fight.

10/10 times putting my money on the mountain lion having his way with the unarmed human(s).

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
IIRC, for the guy that choked the cougar out and killed it, turned out to be a very small cat. Not even what I would call a teen.

Did not hear the lady/bikes story…So dont know those details.

But im pretty certain that, with anything other than a very juvenile cougar, no unarmed strong male is winning that fight.

10/10 times putting my money on the mountain lion having his way with the unarmed human(s).

I'm just thinking that these boys had knives on them at least and they couldn't even get an attack on it.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm just thinking that these boys had knives on them at least and they couldn't even get an attack on it.

For that to have a chance, you would have to see the attack incoming and already be ready. Even then, even if you get a knife strike on it, He has already slashed/bit into your throat…..

Big cats are so damn powerful and quick and we are so soft comparatively speaking….

Just nice, soft and squishy pink baggies of food for them to snack on.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Heard about this and that cat must have been off the rails to take two strong males who are avid hunters. There's been a few Cougar attacks around here the last couple years and the two I can remember, the guy straight choked the cat out and killed it, and the other it attacked a woman in a group bike riding and the other women grabbed it and held it down with their bikes. The cat that attacked the boys was said to be 90lbs so it was still young but plenty strong. Given it tore the younger boy's face up immediately and dispatched the older brother quickly after, I assume it was a pretty mature hunter for its age.

I'm just shocked neither had a knife.

With the lion on the one, has the other attacked with a knife you'd either have a dead lion and two living boys, or a dead lion and dead boys.

But the lion would be dead at least.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member

Disappointingly small, about 45lbs, but still big enough to kill a soyboy.

Guy in Denver was killed running down a paved bike path by a 65lb female years ago.

Like bruh, 30k years of evolution and you got killed by our ancestors dinner.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
8F9E6299-B084-45C0-8494-AEE0FC100E77.jpeg

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
WTF happen, he hit his head on the bottom?

That's what I'm thinking. I did that once and got extremely lucky I caught the floor of the pool with my hands first. It was a friend's pool in HS and it had a slide and rock feature and all that. First time in it and thought I was on the deep end diving off the rock feature but it was a shallow pool with no deep end and I dove head first and felt my hands hit the bottom of the pool almost immediately. Not sure how I got out of it uninjured but I guided myself upward and ended up brushing my face and stomach along the bottom. Learned my lesson after that.

kaz109

Established Member
For that to have a chance, you would have to see the attack incoming and already be ready. Even then, even if you get a knife strike on it, He has already slashed/bit into your throat…..

Big cats are so damn powerful and quick and we are so soft comparatively speaking….

Just nice, soft and squishy pink baggies of food for them to snack on.
From the report they saw it crouch down in a hunting position in the yelled, and put their arms out to make themselves appear bigger, and it didn’t matter the mountain lion charged.

From the reports, it seem like they did it all the time, so I don’t understand why the 21 year-old would not have a firearm in the 18-year-old at least have a knife. I think it’s just a case that happens all too often when you’re used to doing something so much, you don’t see the danger because it has never happened in the past then all of a sudden you’re caught without protection .

JimCSHO

Established Member
That's what I'm thinking. I did that once and got extremely lucky I caught the floor of the pool with my hands first. It was a friend's pool in HS and it had a slide and rock feature and all that. First time in it and thought I was on the deep end diving off the rock feature but it was a shallow pool with no deep end and I dove head first and felt my hands hit the bottom of the pool almost immediately. Not sure how I got out of it uninjured but I guided myself upward and ended up brushing my face and stomach along the bottom. Learned my lesson after that.
In college I was doing a back dive from the side of the pool. Coach said "some of you aren't getting out far enough". Didn't realize that comment was directed to me.

Did my next attempt and caught the side of the pool with the crown of my head. A friend of mine on the other side of the pool said that to this day he can still remember the sound that he heard when he turned and saw me hit.

I fell into the water and turned my head before it ricocheted off the water so I didn't hit nose first and break it. Smashed up the eye socket pretty good, but no break just a lot of bruising and a black eye. As I was drifting down I kept thinking don't pass out. Started looking for the racing lines so I could figure out which was was up, looked up to start up and saw 2 guys diving in to help.

They helped me out and I was standing with the coach saying "I'm fine" and was going to try again. Then I heard someone on the other side of the pool say, "oh my God, look at all the blood!" Turned to Coach and said, maybe I'm not fine and started to go down; coach and the 2 guys who helped me out of the pool grabbed me before I went all the way to the deck. My friend said that it was like a river of blood suddenly started down my back.

I can't do back dives now - getting on a trampoline and trying a back flip - no way either.

Users who are viewing this thread