Credit cards with cash back or points?

Cash back or points?

• Total voters

TK Doom

Established Member
For me, the Capital-One Venture card offers two advantages. One, I get points on everything that I spend money on, two, I can choose what travel expense or which air line to use the accumulated points on. Capital-One treats it as a cash account for me to use as I see fit. Question to those who know such things; on the cash back cards, where the amount runs several thousand per year, how is this viewed by the IRS?

comes across as a credit on my statement...I've never mentioned it in my taxes.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
I like my Chase Sapphire Preferred. Yeah it's $95 a year, but has awesome benefits. It offers primary rental insurance, not secondary. It has zero international fees. Plus it's made of metal which is pretty cool.

Big list of benefits here: https://www.chase.com/online/sapphire/credit-card-benefits.htm

I forgot another main issue I love. When I call the number on the back, I get a person who speaks proper english answering the phone. No press 1 for this, no automated anything. It's a real person. When traveling, I saved the 800 collect number. When I got home I called "Chase" in my phone to notify them I was back in the country. It rang once and "Chase executive line, this is Sherly, how may I help you?" Threw me off for a few minutes until I realized I called the international collect number. :-D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread