Crinkles & Wrinkles...

VTTRAPN03

Established Member
Every mustang w/ leather has that same problem and it only gets worse. I test drove 2 01 cobras in the summer that had that problem so bad that it made the car look cheap. That stuff looks nice new but that's about it.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
mcgwyer's (dont know how to spell it) makes a leather conditioning oil...but once its rinkled, its too late.....its a preventative maitenence thing. my 99 expedition has leather seats, i apply that stuff about once a month.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Monthly applications of Z-10 Leather in a Bottle did not help...=>(

akatherazor4

If you see this tag, Run!
Established Member
I got those wrinkles in my car too.:cuss: There's no way of preventing it. I'm pretty anal so I will be having the seat redone about every 20k miles. It's crazy isn't it?:eek:

Razor.

Dpres1

Every Man's Rival
Established Member
It's a cow's ass.:shrug:
It's not just a Mustang thing. Any car w/ leather will do this, eventually.
The best you can do is keep them clean and conditioned.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I had a '94 Callaway Camaro with Callaway leather seats. Cost me $2600.00 installed. The exact same thing happened with the drivers seat (which got the most use of course). It's something you live with if you have ANY leather seat IMO. I used leather conditioner regularly but it never helped. They must have used an old cow! LOL!

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
My C43's leather seats never cracked or got significantly wrinkled in four years of owning it, with 52K on the clock. I used leather conditioner once a month, but I also think it is the type of leather too. Avoiding UV rays on the leather makes a huge difference too.

Users who are viewing this thread