Cross Drilled Rotors

LSR

2nd To None
Established Member
Has anyone installed cross drilled rotors on their Shelby yet?

If so, can you post pictures?

I already know of the reported cons of having cross drilled rotors. Just wanting to see if anyone has them on their Shelby and if so whom they picked them up from.

Thanks

Last edited:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
as far as I know there are no aftermarket rotors available for us yet. Bruce is working on some 2 piece rotors which should drop some LBS.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I'm assuming you want the cross drilled rotors simply for looks? IMHO that would be a mistake. Drilled rotors are notorious for premature cracking. (at the holes)

With a car as heavy as the GT500 is I don't think I'd want to risk it. I know, it's your car and you can do whatever you'd like with it.

I've never seen any rotors other than the plain OEM style.

The 2 pc slotted rotors I did the group buy on (two is a group, right!? :-D ) should be here next Friday. It will take another week or so to get the hats hardcoated. I will post some pics up in that thread off and on the car once they are done.

Stay tuned!!!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

LSR

2nd To None
Established Member
dgussin1 said:
as far as I know there are no aftermarket rotors available for us yet. Bruce is working on some 2 piece rotors which should drop some LBS.

Thanks dgussin1, I am more curious than anything. I see them on Mustang GT's and they do look nice. But wanted to know if anyone had them on a GT500, with the big 14 inch rotors up front I am curious of what the cost will be for front and rear.

I have seen rear cross drilled rotors for the GT500 offered, but not for the front. I won't be buying any for myself, just wanted to see if anyone has them on their GT500 yet. They do look cool.

LSR

2nd To None
Established Member
What sparked my question about the crossed drilled rotors for the GT500 is, they were on the concept car.

Ford Racing says they were going to be production, but the goal was to keep the 2007 GT500 standard vehicle price under $41,000. That's why they didn't go with the 19 inch wheels, aluminum block, as well as some other options.

Most of the options they oringially wanted to release 1st was put on the back burner until Ford saw how the car would sale.

Some of these options are now starting to pop up with the 2008's and now there will be a limited New Red Stripe Appearance Package that will make some GT500 rare to the other production GT500's.

You can read more about the new package by going to:

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7040

I wonder what a fully loaded 2008 with this package would total up in price?

Users who are viewing this thread