Crown Vic Police Interceptor CVPI

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
I had a 09 cvpi a few years back with the spot lights still on it. It was really run to just thrash and beat on and try and break it but the ole girl took everything in stride. It was really annoying when traffic would block you in because they think you’re a cop and you’re trying to speed like everyone else. They are really fun cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What color is it, Todd? I'm sure you'll post up some pics when it arrives. I'd love to see it.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
That was a smart move. Those cars have a bit of a following. They are little reliable tanks with some personality to them. Specially when in good shape. Sadly, most of them end up with dirtbags.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
If you want a crown vic go for a nice LX civilian model with leather. The thing about police cars is the amount of hell they have been put through, countless idle hours and dont get me started on all the bodily fluids that have been splattered inside the interiors over the years. I call them vomit mobiles..

also they are sooooo slow, even with mods. These things weigh over 4,000lbs and most only have 235hp.

That being said, they are indestructible tanks, parts are cheap and they are super comfortable to drive. I have been DD mines for the past 3yrs.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
That weight coupled with low trq really seem to hurt. Even watching people online who go beyond the typical I/T/E with the deeper rear end, marauder manifold, etc..., still seem to be slow.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
If you want a crown vic go for a nice LX civilian model with leather. The thing about police cars is the amount of hell they have been put through, countless idle hours and dont get me started on all the bodily fluids that have been splattered inside the interiors over the years. I call them vomit mobiles..

^ this, (and I was always partial to the term vomit comet.) There is nothing a P71 is going to get you in terms of drivability that you can't get from a civilian spec vic, better off going for a CV sport or something.

That weight coupled with low trq really seem to hurt. Even watching people online who go beyond the typical I/T/E with the deeper rear end, marauder manifold, etc..., still seem to be slow.
boost is always the answer, but since we're living in a world now with f150's hitting high 12's stock, and 5-700hp SUV's parked at every starbucks in the nation, speed is all subjective at this point.

andymarkv

Established Member
What gears does it have?
I swapped in 3.73's and with the auto, I felt they were too deep on the highway vs the performance gain.(they were perfect with the Tr3650 manual swap)
Marty at Mo's Speed Shop is the MAN when it comes to panther tunes. Not sure if the 93 is worth it over the 87 tune, better driveablity is the gain over much HP's
BUT...the gains aren't quite as shocking on a P71 as they are on a civilian Vic. P71 already has higher shift points and a looser converter and deeper gears than the civy 2.73's

My buddy gave his kid his old 2007 Town Car.(TC's come with dual exhaust & 3.25 gears) We did a P71 intake, home ported TB plenum, P71 front sway bar, HPP 21mm rear sway bar, Marty tune and muffler deletes. Kid loves it!(we debadged as much as we could and tried on some TF wheels I had kicking around)
TC.jpg
tc2.jpg

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Well gentlemen, it seems this thread was a little premature. My wife and MIL (FIL secretly bought it on his eBay account) put the kibosh on the purchase as soon as they found out. The transaction had to be cancelled and deposit was lost.

1687392224760.gif

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
Well gentlemen, it seems this thread was a little premature. My wife and MIL (FIL secretly bought it on his eBay account) put the kibosh on the purchase as soon as they found out. The transaction had to be cancelled and deposit was lost.

View attachment 1798153
then you never deserved a Panther platform...see if you can get your balls out of your wife's purse and go buy yourself a Prius...

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
What gears does it have?
I swapped in 3.73's and with the auto, I felt they were too deep on the highway vs the performance gain.(they were perfect with the Tr3650 manual swap)
and here I had 4.10's in my Marauder back when it was an automatic, 3.73's were always the norm for the 2v guys and 4.10's were the norm for the 4v guys. I had a friend who went from 3.55's to 3.73's in his Marauder and came to the same conclusions as others that it just wasn't worth the effort (at least he did all the work himself). He jumped to 4.10's later.

I have 3.73's with my T56 magnum swap, I think it did slow the car down compared to the 4.10's but I wanted to get the critical driveline speed higher. Cruising RPMs at 80 in 6th are great though! I figure I'll solve that "slowed down" problem when I can drop in the MMR 5.0 stroker I have and up the boost a bit. For now I'll just grin and bare it.

The 05 GM is also the first year they came standard with the 31 spline rear-end. I don't know about the Crown Vics

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

It was mid year 2005 and yes all panthers received the change.

then you never deserved a Panther platform...see if you can get your balls out of your wife's purse and go buy yourself a Prius...

Jesus I don't know if I've ever heard "deserved a panther platform" put in a sentence that way before, usually its in the context of "his broke ass deserves to be in a panther!"

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
Jesus I don't know if I've ever heard "deserved a panther platform" put in a sentence that way before, usually its in the context of "his broke ass deserves to be in a panther!"
just a comment on his life being DICKtated by his Mother in Law and Wife...poor eunuch bastard...

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
It is a pretty underwhelming car with very poor build quality and cutting edge technology from the 1980s. You will have to look at your sundial to get the 0-60 time.

o657pimyjd451.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread