Cruising... The Living Thread

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
So my last thread got me thinking.

I know everyone has their own responsibilities that range from work, family, kids soccer practices yada yada... its hard to schedule much with others. While I don't mind driving by myself but its always that much more fun and memorable when I'm rolling with others. I decided to start a thread where anyone can find something to do... pretty much any day of the week. This thread can act as a meeting place for anyone that develops the itch to get out and do some cruising after a long work week (or during) with others. This can work many of ways:

-Just post up what day / time you plan on heading out, and others can post if they are interested in joining.

-Shoot them a pm to do some detailed scheduling, trade numbers... whatever.

-Inform others of weekly gatherings and meeting spots for Friday/Saturday/Sunday cruises you may be hitting up that weekend (so they can get involved)

-Inform others that your going to the track, so they can come out and spectate (providing a beneficial destination) - they just might get hooked

After hitting the road solo and seeing others doing the same, I thought why not put the word out (if you so choose) and roll with fellow MACA members or anyone that for that matter (if they so choose). I know some of us have a routine trip to the track for track days (Summit/Capital/Budds Creek), well this might give that person thats been reluctant to go that little bit because they will be cruising down with other cobras. Just trying to start something else up for us to do as this year seems to be lacking in events. And every event doesn't have to be sooo big... hence,

The Official, "Cruising - Roll if your interested" thread :rockon:

I for one don't mind putting miles on my car so meeting up in a place that would be relatively far isn't a problem. But for others this may be a bit discouraging. This way, it also allows for people who may be put off to a particular gathering to see whats going on in their area. They can post up and get their own little pack together more locally if anyone in their area was interested or had plans to do the same.

So lets get it started... 4 day weekend starting for me tomorrow, so with all the cookouts and plans my wife is surely going to tie me down to, I'm going to get out at some point and hit the roads. I'll post up when I know more about when/where I'm going... roll if you interested!

:beer:

Last edited:

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
Week has ended for me today... after I finish grilling, I'm washing her up and doing a lap around the beltway.

BrettT 93|03

93 & 03 Cobra Venom
Established Member
Think this a great idea. For someone like me who has a hard time getting out to the meets. Do to buisness and family. Ill keep an eye on this thread. I always go for a ride on the weekends when the weather is nice. May be out tommorow sometime.

Red Poison, I used to do the same laping the beltway years ago.(695 if thats the one your refering too) Havn't done it in awhile. A real blast at night.

Last edited:

jlbush

Established Member
Anybody going cruising today (sunday)? Thinking about taking the car out and just cruising a bit.

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
Think this a great idea. For someone like me who has a hard time getting out to the meets. Do to buisness and family. Ill keep an eye on this thread. I always go for a ride on the weekends when the weather is nice. May be out tommorow sometime.

Red Poison, I used to do the same laping the beltway years ago.(695 if thats the one your refering too) Havn't done it in awhile. A real blast at night.

Yeah, 695 is pretty fun at night! I use to do that on my motorcycle... never any cops. I live down on 495 now, so thats the one I lap now. But I just went up to Baltimore last weekend... drove through downtown, took a picture of the Harbor (had the top down), and got back on 95S. Post up when you have time to make it out. Maybe we can link up. :beer:

Anybody going cruising today (sunday)? Thinking about taking the car out and just cruising a bit.

That's what I have planned for today... took the wife out yesterday just to ensure I have today (Sunday) free to do what I want. I'll definitely be on the road today. Lets get up!

whiplash920

Established Member
id meet up with ya, but its a hell of a drive for me, lol. wish there were more in my area up early - lots of night owls, but no early birds.

jlbush

Established Member
That's what I have planned for today... took the wife out yesterday just to ensure I have today (Sunday) free to do what I want. I'll definitely be on the road today. Lets get up!

Sounds good to me...I'm flexible on meeting location just hit me up if ya wanna cruise 301 848 6130

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
Sounds good to me...I'm flexible on meeting location just hit me up if ya wanna cruise 301 848 6130

I was just looking for your number... I know you posted it in another thread. Calling you in a sec. I know Rodney lives down that way. I'll check to see if he wants to roll. Either way, we can link up.:beer:

jlbush

Established Member
hey where do you want me to post that kill of the amg :)

Hahahaha you can post it right here i guess...oh and mustafa (hope i'm spelling your name right?) Just know that i aint calling you an MFer in the vid lmao...i was referring to his 20 second SLOW roll on 301 lmao

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
Lap around the beltway (495) and then to Local car meet. I keep my smartphone with me, so post up if your down.

TRBO VNM

Anything for Sunday mid day? I have about 120 miles on the new motor. I would like to get about 150 more this weekend. Just took it out for about 30-40 miles tonight to best buy and picked up a new camcorder.

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
Anything for Sunday mid day? I have about 120 miles on the new motor. I would like to get about 150 more this weekend. Just took it out for about 30-40 miles tonight to best buy and picked up a new camcorder.

As soon as I get the bugs worked out I will cruise with you all anywhere

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
Finished washing it and hopped on the beltway... noticed some very familiar brake lights... quickly approached and noticed shiny letters in the bumper... COBRA! Redfire coupe.

I cheesed, resisted the urge to run him... asked if he was on here (yup)... told him to pull over at the next exit.

Cool dude. Friends with the guy that was trying to trade his Pro-charger for a twin screw or ported eaton (recent thread in here).

Said his name was terminator12. Didn't know there was a huge community of us around here. I gave him my number and told him to hit me whenever.

This is the second person I've met in less than 2 weeks that had a cobra and didn't know we were out here.

(OW vert - Damion)

It was totally worth it coming out tonight.

Jason (R), let me know when you're coming out this weekend. I'll roll with you where ever.

Users who are viewing this thread