CSX Derailed

EL Conquistador

Established Member
not too long ago i heard on the news of a csx train being derailed right outside of Louisville, but little did i know it happened right in front of a good friend of mines house so when i was driving to a bbq at their house today i was pretty suprised to see about 8 mangled train cars in the neighbors front yard lol But the craziest thing about it is that in the cars that were derailed were carrying a shipment of new GT 500's and at least one Boss 302 if not more and several other new fords (supposedly)
IMAG0012.jpg

IMAG0011.jpg

IMAG0010.jpg

IMAG0009.jpg

sorry for the bad pics i was drivin when i took them and none of the cars i diddnt get there soon enough

EL Conquistador

Established Member
Crazy... Hopefully the cars don't get sold as "new".

My buddy that lived there said it looked like a total loss but if there were any that were "Fixable" i'm sure it wouldnt be the first time somethin like that has ended up back on the lot lol

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What a shame. Wonder how many cars in total were destroyed. Must be a just a few disappointed buyers who soon learned that their delivery dates were moving. :(

smitty2919

Established Member
wow that's nuts, I'm up in Walton KY...about an hr north and I didn't hear anything about that nor did my fiance who works down in Louisville.

EL Conquistador

Established Member
What a shame. Wonder how many cars in total were destroyed. Must be a just a few disappointed buyers who soon learned that their delivery dates were moving. :(

From what i hear it was somewhere in the range of 20 to 30 new cars in total but im not sure how accurate that is

wow that's nuts, I'm up in Walton KY...about an hr north and I didn't hear anything about that nor did my fiance who works down in Louisville.

well it actually happend in Brooks,ky just south of Louisville and when i saw on the news i diddnt know about all the cars it was carrying but this is the second time its happened in the same spot last time was a major chemical spill

Probably some redneck in a Camaro sabotaged the track.

"Dis aint no Ford country round here mr.train man"

lol yeah that wouldnt be a stretch to belive around here but with all the no-semi truck signs posted in the area alot of people say a semi rode over the tracks and damaged them

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
The news stations are reporting that the freight cars were carrying vehicles from Ford's truck plant in KY bound for FL.

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
That is huge disappointment to hear about. FORD pulled themselves up & they are runny a great business these days. I hate to see anything that will hurt them... ! They have been through enough already...

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member
...the cars it was carrying but this is the second time its happened in the same spot last time was a major chemical spill

shouldnt they get the hint?

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
That is huge disappointment to hear about. FORD pulled themselves up & they are runny a great business these days. I hate to see anything that will hurt them... ! They have been through enough already...

How would this Hurt Ford? This is probably a dream come true for a auto manufacturer these days. Insurance will cover it.

EL Conquistador

Established Member

The news stations are reporting that the freight cars were carrying vehicles from Ford's truck plant in KY bound for FL.

I heard it was coming from the truck plant myself the only place i heard about the mustangs was from locals who said they actually saw them laying outside of a derailed train car so if thats true it could have been coming from up north and made a stop to pick up some more cargo in Ky on its way to FL but i don't really know just speculating

03GTGreen

Established Member
Every single one of those cars in either Auto Rack will be scrapped and the railroad if not trucking company picks up the bill for them. Its a liabilty to sell them afterwards even for parts so Ford has to scrap them which is the shame.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
My nightmare. I'm a locomotive engineer. Anything in the cars that derailed will be crushed! Same would go for any other product. Watched an entire box car full of beer get emptied out and all contents destroyed.

Users who are viewing this thread