CTS-V COUPE... a reality-556hp stock

mustangbee

Established Member
they should at least shave a good 400lbs off the sedan, maybe more I hope..

Lutz confirmed the V series addition to the coupe, along with new pics from a near production ready mule... that thing will be a best with the 556hp at around 3800lbs most likely, im hoping less but..

2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe [Spied again]

Last edited:

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Thank god, I was waiting. This will be my next car... I didnt want the bulk or length of the sedan. This car with a 6 speed stick slammed on some 20s will be fantastic. bling and speed.:lol1:

mustangbee

Established Member
Thank god, I was waiting. This will be my next car... I didnt want the bulk or length of the sedan. This car with a 6 speed stick slammed on some 20s will be fantastic. bling and speed.:lol1:

hell the cam ALONE will put you around 580whp, no supporting mods, none... :nonono: now in a lighter car...die

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
hell the cam ALONE will put you around 580whp, no supporting mods, none... :nonono: now in a lighter car...die

at 3900 lbs or so, and 510 rw, itll basically be a NICE more plush and bling Shelby... my type of daily driver with me getting old in my young 30s.:lol1: save the mustangs for night time duty and roll the caddy everywhere else.:beer: My lease is up on my honda in oct 2010, works out perfect for the release date. Now I just gotta find me a dealer that wont ADM me.:shrug:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
If it's on the same chassis as the sedan, it's won't be much lighter, if at all. Since you no longer have the B-pillar between the front and rear doors, there needs to be a lot more bracing to meet side impact req't.

Case in point: The 300C/Charger vs the Challenger. Same chassis, one is coupe and one a sedan. They are nearly the same weight

It still will be a vary SICK car.

Last edited:

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
If it's on the same chassis as the sedan, it's won't be much lighter, if at all. Since you no longer have the B-pillar between the front and rear doors, there needs to be a lot more bracing to meet side impact req't.

Case in point: The 300C/Charger vs the Challenger. Same chassis, one is coupe and one a sedan. They are nearly the same weight

I read itll be in the high 3000 range. Have to wait and see.:banana:

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor

300/Magnum/Charger=LX Chassis
Challenger=LC Chassis

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
300/Magnum/Charger=LX Chassis
Challenger=LC Chassis

You are correct

Still the same basic chassis, just adjusted for the wheelbase differences.

My point was coupes usually need added bracing along the sides, that sedan naturally have with the heavy duty B-pillar right in the middle.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Hard to tell with all the covering but looks fugly!

You really think the V looks ugly?

I think it's a fresh look, as opposed to all the lame retro designs that everyone has to fall back on because they can't design a good looking car.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member

This.

Also just like the M5 sedan and M6 coupe.

I think it's sick, I already LOVE the current CTS-V sedan, the coupe will probably be even better. I don't think it will touch Vette performance though. The 556hp rating seems a bit high, most the dyno #s posted of the CTS-V are around 460rwhp.

Last edited:

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
what a waste of resources. They should be releasing a s/c'ed Z28 instead of another CTS-V. 99% of luxury car owners are gonna want four doors. More senseless fodder from GM, guess its back to business as usual. :nonono:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
what a waste of resources. They should be releasing a s/c'ed Z28 instead of another CTS-V. 99% of luxury car owners are gonna want four doors. More senseless fodder from GM, guess its back to business as usual. :nonono:

I can't see how this is a bad thing? The profit margin on a car like this is probably huge. They already had the basic components ready. This is not a completely new car launch.

Ford is launching the Raptor. A truck geared towards desert racing:dw: with a terrible tow rating.

Sometime you just need these products.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
I can't see how this is a bad thing? The profit margin on a car like this is probably huge. They already had the basic components ready. This is not a completely new car launch.

Ford is launching the Raptor. A truck geared towards desert racing:dw: with a terrible tow rating.

Sometime you just need these products.

if they can do the CTS-V coupe then there should be no problems launching a new Z28. Like you said, these are off the shelf components. Obviously the caddy is going to be alot more expensive and thus have much lower sales volume. Seems like an easy decision, the camaro has 100x more following than the caddy v-series.

Users who are viewing this thread