CTS-V COUPE... a reality-556hp stock

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
if they can do the CTS-V coupe then there should be no problems launching a new Z28. Like you said, these are off the shelf components. Obviously the caddy is going to be alot more expensive and thus have much lower sales volume. Seems like an easy decision, the camaro has 100x more following than the caddy v-series.

Who knows, maybe the Z28 is next???? The V coupe car was supposed to be dead.

GM is out of Bankrupcy. Things may be much different now. Bob Lutz said the feds are keeping their noses out of things.

Last edited:

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
if they can do the CTS-V coupe then there should be no problems launching a new Z28. Like you said, these are off the shelf components. Obviously the caddy is going to be alot more expensive and thus have much lower sales volume. Seems like an easy decision, the camaro has 100x more following than the caddy v-series.

From what I have read, the Z would be about 55K and thats what this Caddy cost... lmao. Id rather have the nicer car honestly, who needs another toy. Of course if you didnt have a fast car, the Z would prob be prefered, but I just want a plush heated seat fast ass comfortable hot rod, and the Caddy > z28 for that.:lol1: Esp at similar price points. The Caddy will prob be sold at sticker or even discounted, and every schmo on the planet will have to have a Z which will make them Z06 priced.:nonono:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
From what I have read, the Z would be about 55K and thats what this Caddy cost... lmao. Id rather have the nicer car honestly, who needs another toy. Of course if you didnt have a fast car, the Z would prob be prefered, but I just want a plush heated seat fast ass comfortable hot rod, and the Caddy > z28 for that.:lol1: Esp at similar price points. The Caddy will prob be sold at sticker or even discounted, and every schmo on the planet will have to have a Z which will make them Z06 priced.:nonono:

+1, the Camaro is a boat anchor, it will probably weigh 4000lbs+ with the blower, (it already weighs 3900lbs N/A :lol1:) and still have the current dogshit interior design. Also, the Camaro's current handling is horrid for an IRS car with an aluminum block, god knows what it will handle like with forged internals and a blower up front. :xpl:

So to sum it up, the CTS-V looks amazing, has a fully equipped luxurious interior, will likely weigh the same or a tad more and will likely handle way better.

the back looks like a Prius. Fail.

It's all masked up! How can you tell?

Autos seem to be around 460-480 while sticks are a little higher.
My stock 6spd Manual V2 Mustang dyno... - Cadillac Owners Group

Hmm, yeah those numbers sound pretty healthy. I've seen dyno results all over the map though.

2009 CTS v dyno sheets! :) - LS1TECH

fangstang

Established Member
vette guys arent gonna like it either lol

Not this Vette guy. Two totally different cars. I love the CTS-V, coupe, sedan and even if they make the wagon version. It will probably be my Luxury/sport car one day soon. And I prefer my sports cars NA.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
2009 CTS v dyno sheets! :) - LS1TECH[/url]

I've seen 6spd rwhp in the 490's.

That's why in reality chassis dynos suck for measuring a cars output. Thay are really meant for tuning. These motors are SEA certified, which means that any two engines will dyno within ~2-3% of each other.

Last edited:

mustangbee

Established Member
well i know most put down around 460-470whp showroom stock, but at around the 1500mile range they put down close to 490whp range...the break in really means it on these cars. the highest stock ive seen was 502whp at 2000miles

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread