Current New Vehicle Market

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member

Ford applies for patent that allows automaker to repossess cars remotely​

Not surprised one bit by this. Will definitely be in use in the not too distant future. Lenders will simply electronically initiate a shutdown of the vehicle, geo locate it, and come get it.

LINK

......Ford Motor Co. has applied for a patent on a system designed to try and get people to clear up late car payments that, when all else fails, could lead to cars driving themselves to repo lots.

A patent application from Ford Global Technologies was filed with the U.S. Trademark and Patent Office on Aug. 20, 2021, and formally published Feb. 23 for public review as part of the official process.

The patent is pending, not yet granted, Ford spokesman Wes Sherwood confirmed to the Detroit Free Press on Wednesday.

The patent application describes new "systems and methods to repossess a vehicle." Inventors are listed as Anthony Maraldo, of Southgate; Brendan Diamond, of Grosse Pointe; Keith Weston, of Canton, and Michael Alan Mcnees, of Flat Rock, all Ford engineers.

They describe in the patent application a range of possibilities that include the car driving itself off private property to be picked up by a tow truck or taking it to a junkyard if the value is too low based on mileage and other factors......

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
I can just see a car driving itself to the impound lot with 300lbs of screaming trailer trash on the hood with a death grip on the wiper arms.

BlueSnake01

Established Member

Ford applies for patent that allows automaker to repossess cars remotely​

Not surprised one bit by this. Will definitely be in use in the not too distant future. Lenders will simply electronically initiate a shutdown of the vehicle, geo locate it, and come get it.

LINK

......Ford Motor Co. has applied for a patent on a system designed to try and get people to clear up late car payments that, when all else fails, could lead to cars driving themselves to repo lots.

A patent application from Ford Global Technologies was filed with the U.S. Trademark and Patent Office on Aug. 20, 2021, and formally published Feb. 23 for public review as part of the official process.

The patent is pending, not yet granted, Ford spokesman Wes Sherwood confirmed to the Detroit Free Press on Wednesday.

The patent application describes new "systems and methods to repossess a vehicle." Inventors are listed as Anthony Maraldo, of Southgate; Brendan Diamond, of Grosse Pointe; Keith Weston, of Canton, and Michael Alan Mcnees, of Flat Rock, all Ford engineers.

They describe in the patent application a range of possibilities that include the car driving itself off private property to be picked up by a tow truck or taking it to a junkyard if the value is too low based on mileage and other factors......

Will definitely be a feature on EV cars LOL

Good luck getting a car back when its low on gas haha

BlueSnake01

Established Member
PriCeS wIlL NeVeR gO BacK tO wHaT tHeY wEEEEEEEeeeeRRrrrreEEE!!!!
Rates are about 50% higher than they were though. Highly doubt they'll drop anytime soon cause GUVERMENZT
They're not back there.. lol
I think thats vehicle dependent. But for the most part, they're about 90%? there I would think. Especially on used cars

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Rates are about 50% higher than they were though. Highly doubt they'll drop anytime soon cause GUVERMENZT

I think thats vehicle dependent. But for the most part, they're about 90%? there I would think. Especially on used cars

Not quite. It's still up significantly.

1677787450864.png

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
Seems like its best to just buy a new car now considering more are at or under MSRP + incentives

Every dealer I've ever talked with wanted me to buy a car today. If a meteor was in our atmosphere streaking toward earth, ready to crack this planet in half, a dealer would still try to sell you a car.

Use caution.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Every dealer I've ever talked with wanted me to buy a car today. If a meteor was in our atmosphere streaking toward earth, ready to crack this planet in half, a dealer would still try to sell you a car.

Use caution.

I believe any one in any type of sales, wants you to buy today. lol

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
I believe any one in any type of sales, wants you to buy today. lol
Story on a job interview out of college. I was an engineer and they were thinking of looking at engineers for sales positions since the products were becoming so technical. Put me through a role play and the first thing I went to was, “well why don’t you think about it and give me a call, if interested”. All I heard was “next please” as the door slammed on my ass. Lmao

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

Use caution.

That just reflects the reality that if a serious customer looking to buy walks in and then walks out without buying, 98% chance another dealer makes the sale.

Users who are viewing this thread