Current New Vehicle Market

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Any more info, links or facts to the comment about Ford locking the upcoming S650 PCM’s?
It was on a Youtube channel.
I forget which one it was as I watch a lot of Youtube, but it was reported from a tuner in the performance business.

gmtech

Grease Monkey
Established Member
WOW!!!
That's terrible. I'm thinking it's kind of line with Ford locking the PCMs on the S650 Mustangs and make over the air updates. So, if you got a tune, it'll either knock your tune out or you'll keep getting the CEL telling you to bring your car to the dealership because the must be something wrong because it cannot get a signal or is blocked.

No longer a free People.
This.
Vehicle to vehicle and vehicle to manufacturer communication is not possible without a module broadcasting the data. Mandatory On-Star is just GM’s way of getting in front of what will soon be mandated by the gov anyway.

robvas

Established Member
More cars on the lots than I've seen in a long long time. Toyota dealer even had like 7 Camrys!

blownfox

Established Member
Other then Kelly blue book, is there another website to see what my used car trade in is worth? We are looking to trade in our 2014 explorer sport.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Other then Kelly blue book, is there another website to see what my used car trade in is worth? We are looking to trade in our 2014 explorer sport.

Just PM the VIN and miles to me, and any damage.

You're not far from me.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
That localish Ford dealer now has 4 F-150 hybrids now and has dropped ADM to $1,500.

Not sure what is going on there, maybe his trade values aren't competitive?

WVTrakPak

Established Member
Just to add a little here, as I looked at Wranglers before purchasing the RS, I was able to confirm a couple at a small amount below MSRP. Most of the ones I looked at were a little above MSRP.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I won't knock Toyota because I bought my first one a few months ago, but using a Camry as a benchmark is a bit odd....

They sell a ton of them, so if dealers are getting enough to have inventory, good sign that production is starting to catch up with the demand curve. It will be a slow process across all manufacturers.

Cobra Jet

Established Member

Plug it into Carvana, Vroom or other similar online sites that will offer to buy vehicles. Months ago Carvana and Vroom were paying higher than dealers where for trades…. The trend seems to be decreasing due to “inflation”, but try those out to see what they would offer - it’s free to do so.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Plug it into Carvana, Vroom or other similar online sites that will offer to buy vehicles. Months ago Carvana and Vroom were paying higher than dealers where for trades…. The trend seems to be decreasing due to “inflation”, but try those out to see what they would offer - it’s free to do so.

Just for shits and gigs I popped the Shelby in Carvana…

They are about $25,000 off the mark.

Dont waste your time.

Image1660798651.132681.jpg

phils04gt

Established Member
^^I did this with mach e gt I just picked up.

Carvana offered 70,000
Vroom 66,000
Tesla 70,400
Carbuyerusa 71,800
Driveway 66,000

Thinking of getting a used Plaid.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Carvanna/vroom used to be aggressive but certain algorithms or factors has caused them to act like a shady used car dealer when it comes to certain vehicles.

I know they were offering a high amount on an Explorer ST then 2 weeks later they dropped the price by 5k. The dealer I traded it to started at their earlier top dollar offer and we went up.
Same with the Gen 1 Raptors.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Carvanna/vroom used to be aggressive but certain algorithms or factors has caused them to act like a shady used car dealer when it comes to certain vehicles.

I know they were offering a high amount on an Explorer ST then 2 weeks later they dropped the price by 5k. The dealer I traded it to started at their earlier top dollar offer and we went up.
Same with the Gen 1 Raptors.

I think the used car market is in flux regionally across the country. Signs some new becoming more available and some consumers pulling back. It is confusing even within regional markets and individual dealers. I've never seen such a confusing mix of economic up and down signs ever.

Users who are viewing this thread