Current New Vehicle Market

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
@13COBRA, when do you see orders being fulfilled on S650’s and stock increasing on dealer lots?

Any thoughts on incentivized financing and when it may return to the S650.

Thanks for the time. I was trying to get into an S550. Stock towards the end of production depleted quickly based on options I wanted. Missed out.

They're finally shipping...so hopefully soon.

There are a ton of retail orders in...until those get fulfilled and stock units start piling up, there won't be incentives.

What are you wanting? I'd be more than happy to order you one.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
If I had a dollar for everytime someone said that.... lol

Im sure it will but when its still up in the air, could still be years from now

Just like the ones that said to sell your home a few years back when the spike started.
Now home prices are still high and interest rates went from 3% to ~8%

No end in sight for either, pricing depending on location of course.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Oopsy, wrong thread.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1693489070944.jpg
    FB_IMG_1693489070944.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I used to think that but there's something like 10M+ cars that weren't made during and after the chyna virus. Gov can't just print cars so I think prices will continue to be high.

Correct. It was actually closer to 16mil...which is almost an entire year of sales.

Now, plants are still operating at less than full capacity...with a possible strike coming..

As far as long term affects, remember "Cash for Clunkers"? Yes, it's still affecting the used car market today.

DiB14-SAFD

Established Member
The scary part is that prices haven’t really come down that much with interest rates being high. When interest rates pivot and start coming down, probably first or second quarter of next year, prices will probably go up.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
The scary part is that prices haven’t really come down that much with interest rates being high. When interest rates pivot and start coming down, probably first or second quarter of next year, prices will probably go up.
Prices on used or new cars? There's no reason for prices to go down on new cars especially when materials and labor are higher.

At least rebates are somewhat coming back and there arent many dealers taking advantage of the crazy ADM's they were adding.

Interest rates are higher than what they 10 years ago but I believe 6-7% were the "standard" for years to begin with.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Correct. It was actually closer to 16mil...which is almost an entire year of sales.

Now, plants are still operating at less than full capacity...with a possible strike coming..

As far as long term affects, remember "Cash for Clunkers"? Yes, it's still affecting the used car market today.

Only on the front end of used car life instead of the back end, the effects will last much longer as the shortage works through the used car life cycle.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Yup, I've argued this with people even in the last year and was told I was wrong.

Well what happens when 600k+ functional vehicles, and their engines, are taken off the road???

Like throwing a big rock into water, the subsequent wave extends far beyond the point where the rock hit the water. It created a large gap in the used vehicle market and drove up costs of existing used vehicles.

Really sad for every Ford and GM V8 vehicle that was scrapped as those engines (or drivelines) could have been reused in trucks and Mustangs/Camaros and even boats.

Nevermind wheels/doors/bumpers etc on many other vehicles.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Screenshot_20230907-092543~2.png

So what's the deal. I keep hearing Ram isn't doing to hot. They had been a class leader back in 2012-2014.

Looking at sales numbers for 1500's

Ram 545k
GM 761K
Ford 653k

Ram 270k
GM 411k
Ford 514k

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
^^I'm starting to see a lot of Chevy trucks on the road. I did see a lot of Ram trucks, but more Chevy trucks now.
I'm not so sure they drive better than the Ram trucks? Same goes for the Ford trucks. I don't think they drive better than the Ram trucks. Maybe they do nowadays, but a few years back,........not even close. (In my opinion.)

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I think Ford and chevy will always have a strong following.
Chevy finally updated the interior.
Ford also had a refresh too.
Meanwhile ram hasn't done much since 2019.

Users who are viewing this thread