Current New Vehicle Market

VegasMichael

Established Member

Has anyone else here been following any of this? This unsettling to say the least. I don’t get why Ford wouldn’t be responsible for telling owners which dealerships were responsible for the incorrect fixes. I’d sure like to know if I had a repair performed somewhere that was caught not correctly performing work.

I had the bags done in my Shelby about 3-4 years ago. This article actually pisses me off a little bit.
That's unsettling for sure. My 2014 Explorer was just recalled because of a possible A-pillar trim that can come off. The letter said they don't have the replacement parts yet so to wait.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Ford will start shipping 2024s on March 1st. The 335 you are seeing, are in transit/at the shipping lot.

Not as big of an issue as you'd think. 99,999 out of 100,000 were done correctly. Yes, if yours wasn't, that's obviously a big deal.

I'm sure same deal for the RAM 2025's showing up.

EDIT: Be interesting to see what the ramp is on those.

SHOdown220

Established Member
2015. Cylinder deactivation issues caused the common compression to drop and even with a factory extended Honda warranty it was a pita to get fixed.

Unfortunately that generation seems to be plagued with issues. One of my clients had a 14 model for years and to be fair she drove the wheels off it but she was in constantly for repairs.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Every dealer I have ever purchased a car from is emailing me with info about their new inventory. Even dealers where I have simply had my cars serviced (never made a purchase) email me. I have also received a few VM’s and texts. Then yesterday a Mazda dealer called me (WTF? Never owned one). Desperation is setting in. Inventory is way up and demand is way down due to high interest rates and ballooning MSRPs. Ford dealer that had a $15k ADM on the Mach 1 I wanted 2 years ago and wouldn’t drop it is calling me to tell me they have tons of inventory. My response? I hope you choke on it, cocksuckers!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
That's unsettling for sure. My 2014 Explorer was just recalled because of a possible A-pillar trim that can come off. The letter said they don't have the replacement parts yet so to wait.
^ got that on saturday for mine.
Got mine this past week too, any of you guys had it fly off yet while driving? People on the explorer forums have been complaining about this for years. Bought our 13' Sport new, and it doesn't show any signs of being loose.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member

Has anyone else here been following any of this? This unsettling to say the least. I don’t get why Ford wouldn’t be responsible for telling owners which dealerships were responsible for the incorrect fixes. I’d sure like to know if I had a repair performed somewhere that was caught not correctly performing work.

I had the bags done in my Shelby about 3-4 years ago. This article actually pisses me off a little bit.
Bought my 2011 Ranger 5 years ago from a Ford dealer...sold it to me with an open recall for the drivers side airbag, never said a word. Needless to say I was a little pissed off.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Got mine this past week too, any of you guys had it fly off yet while driving? People on the explorer forums have been complaining about this for years. Bought our 13' Sport new, and it doesn't show any signs of being loose.
Nope. Doesn't appear to even be loose anywhere. I figure since mine is 10 years old with almost 100k on the odometer if it was going to come off it already would have.

01yellercobra

Established Member
The wife's 06 Mustang had the driver side air bag replaced under the recall. Some point while waiting for that one to show up we also recieved a notice for the passenger air bag. I think a week after having the driver side replaced we recieved another notice saying the driver side replacement air bags were having issues so there was another recall. But once again we had to wait. We ended up trading that car in before everything could be replaced.

I figured the air bag thing was common knowledge at this point.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Local Ford dealer has 2 new F-150 crew on lot, crazy. Local RAM dealer has 69 1500 Crew. Tough Saturday on the Ford lot. Chevy lot full with normal inventory. Man, Ford making life tough on you @13COBRA .

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

Some dealers around me are reducing discounts by quite a bit on 2023 Lariat and higher trim. RAM has 24's and is just crushing them on price. Never seen anything like this. Pulling for you.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Some dealers around me are reducing discounts by quite a bit on 2023 Lariat and higher trim. RAM has 24's and is just crushing them on price. Never seen anything like this. Pulling for you.

Through February, Ford still has truck leadership. We'll be fine!

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Through February, Ford still has truck leadership. We'll be fine!
Tenvoorde is doing Covid parking with their SUV inventory. All parked sideways and spread on the front row. SUV inventory is decent at least.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
In 30 days, we'll have more trucks than I want.

Yeah, when you look at cars.com the numbers between makes aren't that different total-wise for new. It's when you look at what's on the dealership lot that it gets crazy. Although, RAM having 2025's so early is interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread