Current Storms

TorchMach

Established Member
I hear a lot of stuff on the news about global warming, then I see you guys post pictures of the winter storms last year. Then I see the drought we have going on over here...

My question is, do you guys feel that our current weather/storms are normal or more powerful? I know weather is subject to change, that's what weather is but it seem's winter is lasting a little longer for those of you up north and for us here in California, it seem's summer is just dragging on. (102 degrees today)

Let's hear it, what is your opinion? I don't want to make this a global warming thread, but more of your actual life experience.

TK Doom

Established Member
In San Diego, the last 3 summers have been really mild...I'm thinking its just a bit of a circle of weather type thing.

Bought a new house in 2012 (in Encinitas), didn't need AC at all, its a two-story, but older house with only whole house AC. didnt' have to run it at all. Last year, had to run it a bit...this year...ran it 30 days straight...set to 73 downstairs to keep upstairs livable.

We have new baby, so its not like we can rough it...we're already losing sleep. ;)

but yeah, make a thread next year...then we'll see!

FIVEHOE

Established Member
no different than its always been for the most part... but then again it is AZ

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Really hope we don't get dropped in the meat locker this winter. Last winter was relentlessly unbearable.

aarons04cobra

Established Member
The north east is probably going to get bent over this year with snow and cold temps.

oh ya we are! Its already getting cold up here and dropping down to freezing temps at night. Snow is on the horizon very soon. I think New England is going to get nailed this winter.

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
Really hope we don't get dropped in the meat locker this winter. Last winter was relentlessly unbearable.

hell yeah it was. -50 windchill and -30 actual temp can kiss my frostbitten ass. nothing like having your eyelashes freeze because you yawned outside.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
By the end of the snowfall last year, my snowblower could barely get the snow over the piles next to driveway. I really don't want to have to get a bigger one for this year.

Machdup1

Established Member
Easily the most pleasantly cool summer I can remember on the heals of the coldest winter I can remember. Man made global is a myth.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Last winter I have never worked in cold like that in these parts. If I remember correctly we had daytime highs of 5* for days on end.

TorchMach

Established Member
From the sounds of it, everything is pretty normal except for NE winters are getting colder...I shouldn't worry then.

TorchMach

Established Member
In San Diego, the last 3 summers have been really mild...I'm thinking its just a bit of a circle of weather type thing.

Bought a new house in 2012 (in Encinitas), didn't need AC at all, its a two-story, but older house with only whole house AC. didnt' have to run it at all. Last year, had to run it a bit...this year...ran it 30 days straight...set to 73 downstairs to keep upstairs livable.

We have new baby, so its not like we can rough it...we're already losing sleep. ;)

SD definitely has the best weather in California no doubt.

Yeah I hear if this winter is dry again, next summer a lot of cities are going to lose their water...

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
We'll, this has nothing to do with you guys up north, buts it's suppose to be 62* with low humidity in the morning here. Big difference from 75 and 95% that we've been rocking in the Am's.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I stopped paying attention to the bullshit climatologists.

Listen to Joe Rogan experience #501 with Randall Carlson. If you are worried about warming, don't. It's far better than what is more likely to come, and that's another ice age. Every great expansion if human civilization was due to warming trends, and every recession in population due to cooling.

And the earth has been way warmer with more co2 eons ago before humans were even a blip on the screen.

We moved here last year. Last summer was alright, this summer has been ruthless. Of course half the apt complex have no AC. people say every summer for the past 4-5yrs have been getting progressively warmer. If it keeps up with housing costs and hot weather it's not worth it to live here, if places like TX aren't much hotter. We talk to some people and they said about a decade or so ago and past was the best time to live here because it never got over mid 70s and was very consistent throughout the year.

Users who are viewing this thread