Current Storms

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
The daily forecast models are lucky to make it 3 days and be reasonably close. If someone tells you their model can go years into the future, they're a damn liar. They just are not good enough to do that.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
I think we only had a couple days over 100 this summer, I enjoyed that. Highest electric bill I got was like $54.

Vigilante

Established Member
The earth goes through heating and cooling periods of about 11 years long. Also CO and CO2 are the result of warming, not the cause.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't call global warming BS and pollute as much as we please, there should still be cutbacks. Poisonous gases will continue to be poisonous whether or not the earth is cooling or warming and smog is visible in several cities around the world.

IDK, that's just my take on the whole thing.

svt 500

Established Member
Last winter in NC with global warming
Blizzard93_zps50c6e435.jpg

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Guys it's no longer "global warming" they changed it to "global climate change" so it can encompass all weather patterns. Get it right!

Down here last winter we didn't have many hard freezes (if any) but the average temperature throughout winter was the coldest it's been in a very long time. Summers are always brutal here but it definitely wasn't quite as hot as it was a couple of years ago when it was over 100* every day for over a month straight.

TK Doom

Established Member
We moved here last year. Last summer was alright, this summer has been ruthless. Of course half the apt complex have no AC. people say every summer for the past 4-5yrs have been getting progressively warmer. If it keeps up with housing costs and hot weather it's not worth it to live here, if places like TX aren't much hotter. We talk to some people and they said about a decade or so ago and past was the best time to live here because it never got over mid 70s and was very consistent throughout the year.

What part of San Diego? I lived in University City, San Diego proper, and slightly east (I-15/I-8) and finally here in Encinitas.

I lived in the slightly east area for 14 years and it was never really THAT hot...maybe a week or 2 a year. The last couple years were no big deal either (at my new house). This summer has definitely been the worst i've ever seen/felt, but its a far cry from Texas.

Biggest problem San Diego has is its liberal bias and terrible city management. Water wise we will be screwed soon if we dont' get a good winter for the Sierra Nevada though.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The north east is probably going to get bent over this year with snow and cold temps.

We're due for a milder winter (that cycle has been around for ages), so my prediction is less snow and less cold than last year. We'll talk again in the Spring. :)

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Old Farmers Almanac is predicting an above average snow fall and colder than normal temps for the mid-Atlantic and north east.

Turkey_Lurker03

Established Member
Where going to get hammered this yeAr. Not because climate is changing Only because I sold my snowplow and my snow blower is broken...

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
What part of San Diego? I lived in University City, San Diego proper, and slightly east (I-15/I-8) and finally here in Encinitas.

I lived in the slightly east area for 14 years and it was never really THAT hot...maybe a week or 2 a year. The last couple years were no big deal either (at my new house). This summer has definitely been the worst i've ever seen/felt, but its a far cry from Texas.

Biggest problem San Diego has is its liberal bias and terrible city management. Water wise we will be screwed soon if we dont' get a good winter for the Sierra Nevada though.

We live in lindavista right at the 163/805 cross.

We move our bed to the front room of our apt because it has the most airflow, then setup a bunch of fans in a puller/pusher configuration to move cool air over us. Wouldn't be bad if we had AC because I need to be cool to sleep. The heat wave a few weeks ago was pretty bad because it didn't drop under 70 at night. This weekends wasn't as bad because it still dropped to low 60s.

TX weather sucks but it's not any different than norcal Valley climate. Everyone just stays inside during the day. Not like there's anything to do anyways. And the job market there is equivalent to down here if not better, so unlike norcal it actually has opportunity. That's one of the reasons we moved was stagnant employment in the valley.

I always thought SD was one of the more conservative places in CA that I've been to. It's funny to see comics bomb here when they start their usual probama anti conservative bits that might go over well in Los Angeles. I know recently they voted yes on the stupid minimum wage bullshit.

Spudz

Established Member
Everything seems to be normal up here, according to the locals. Mountains above the city just got the first major snow, and it's starting the slow creep down to sea level. Should have snow on the ground next week. First winter for me outside Florida :/

Satyr

Established Member
The last two years of IL winters have been absurd; last year, especially. There was a few weeks time where we had lows of like -15. As a kid, I can't remember more than a few days like that over a decade. I'm not saying it's global warming, but I do think the effect of weather cycling is apparent in some parts. This summer was really weird, too. It took until near-July for it to be consistently warm, then we had a string of days where it was 95+ with horrendous humidity. At this point, I take the heat in stride, because I'd rather have 100+ degrees with 90% humidity than the awful snow that I know is brewing.

VerySneaky

Bug Annihilator
Established Member
The change of climate is inescapable and inevitable, the ability for us to adapt or to develop technology to bring our species through it is what we should be worried about.

Users who are viewing this thread