Custom Side Exit Exhaust for GT500

HARLEYDEALER

Established Member
We are putting the GT500 back together (goal, Shelby Fest in Herman, MO.!) and here are some pics of our custom side exit exhaust. We are using the Dynatech Headers, midpipe and mufflers with the side exit pipes. We are an Authorized Dynatech dealer, so if anyone is interested in duplicating any or all of this system, give us a call at the shop.

Thanks for looking!

07ShelbySuperSnakefirstTVSSnakeB-7.jpg

07ShelbySuperSnakefirstTVSSnakeB-6.jpg
Hey, Bobby those look cool, But you were always cool even in the seventies when I first saw you and your car, with your license plate with TICKET on the rear, hope to see you all in Herman! Bill
Hey guys you know what would be fun, if anyone of you, or all of you are going to Herman for Shelby Fest, tell your Harley jokes to me, till then, this is Bob's thread!

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Lets get back on track with the OP topic!

You gonna buy it for your car? Would you even consider? Answer is no, and no reason to suger coat it. This belongs on maybe a GT, but be interesting to see how many actually install it.

Again, I am not knocking the idea but this is not the car for the system.

Darren5.0L

Triple Supercharged!
Established Member
I have side exhausts on two out of three of my vehicles and love them, however the GT500 will not be receiving the same, they just don't go well with the lines of the S197's.

rdsnk46

Established Member
You gonna buy it for your car? Would you even consider? Answer is no, and no reason to suger coat it. This belongs on maybe a GT, but be interesting to see how many actually install it.

Again, I am not knocking the idea but this is not the car for the system.

I think it's more for the classics, I wanted side exhaust for my SN-95 but never went through with it. I would not install it on my GT500 although it would be great for weight reduction as the weight of the mid pipe and tails would be gone.:thumbsup:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Ignorance is bliss.......:kaboom:

Regarding what? I know why they sound like they do, I'm just saying it became Harley's "trademark" sound and thus they got defensive when other companies started mfg. similarly designed engines (and thus making a "harley" sound).

I think the side exhaust setup needs the exit tips/sleeves polished. Would def. help in the looks dept. instead of the raw schedule tubing.

rdsnk46

Established Member
Regarding what? I know why they sound like they do, I'm just saying it became Harley's "trademark" sound and thus they got defensive when other companies started mfg. similarly designed engines (and thus making a "harley" sound).

I think the side exhaust setup needs the exit tips/sleeves polished. Would def. help in the looks dept. instead of the raw schedule tubing.
Pm sent

Users who are viewing this thread