Custom TMI Cobra Seats arrived!!

Tickle

Established Member
Custom TMI Cobra Seats arrived!!(Updated OP)

FedEx just dropped them off, they get installed a week from Monday. They turned out great! Thank you Waylon @ TMI and Modify my Stang for all of the help ordering. I'll update the thread when they are installed.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449870319.828033.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449870336.917053.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449870358.161712.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449870398.365976.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449870414.222558.jpg

Front seats were installed today. there was a minor issue with the rear seat that the shop will fix tomorrow. Initial thoughts: these seats are badass! The new foam and added bolster support are leaps and bounds better than the stockers. The seats hug my sides/kidney section just like I wanted! The microsuede inserts keep you from sliding around which is a big plus. TMI has a superior product, even over OEM Ford IMO. Their vinyl is softer than the stock leather.

Some pics--I will try to take some in better light tomorrow. Will post back seat pics when they are installed:

DSC_0056.jpg

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

Last edited:

Lzr96Snake

burning up in speed
Established Member
They look awesome! You definitely made the right choice. Looking forward to the installed pics.

omj

Established Member
Keep us updated. I'm curious about how bad the rear seat install really is.

TMIProducts

Established Member
Awesome - glad they made it in one piece and juuuuuust in time for Christmas!

Throw a beard on that kiddo and you've got great little Gandalf costume!

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
Looks good! You should have tackled them yourself. I have done 3 sets now, and prior to my first set i never though it would be something i would try.

And the quality is freaking awesome, and Waylons customer service is pretty good as well...

Tickle

Established Member
And the quality is freaking awesome, and Waylons customer service is pretty good as well...

DITTO. I cannot say enough about Waylon and the service! He answered a thousand questions for me, sent samples, etc. and the quality of the product is AMAZING. To think I was about to buy 12yo seats for the same price? I'm glad he chimed in on my first seat thread and set me straight.

As far as the install, I just didn't want to mess with it. We have 3 little kids and I can barely find the time to wash the car.

I owe the white stitching design to another guy that did it, Nate, don't know his username. The design is a copy of what he did a couple of years ago. I found it in an old thread while researching.

Tickle

Established Member
I got the car back today. There was an issue with the rear seat that will be resolved tomorrow.

I will post a couple of pics as soon as I can get the 2mo old down to bed.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Damnnn! They are definitely on my wish list. I have the black/tan interior I'm going to eventually replace the tan carpeting with a black one and order them up!

TMIProducts

Established Member
DITTO. I cannot say enough about Waylon and the service! He answered a thousand questions for me, sent samples, etc. and the quality of the product is AMAZING. To think I was about to buy 12yo seats for the same price? I'm glad he chimed in on my first seat thread and set me straight.

As far as the install, I just didn't want to mess with it. We have 3 little kids and I can barely find the time to wash the car.

I owe the white stitching design to another guy that did it, Nate, don't know his username. The design is a copy of what he did a couple of years ago. I found it in an old thread while researching.

Thanks man I appreciate it. I just have a firm belief that a company is only as good as the people that stand behind it, so I try to do my best to help where I can.

And Nate is a good buddy of mine (and Zporta who chimed in above) - He and i came up with the concept a while back, good news though - he's long since got rid of that car in favor of a bagged '15 :)

Really glad you dig the seats - and I massively appreciate you sharing the pics and your thoughts on them here where others can check'em out!

Users who are viewing this thread