Customer Service Disappointment

Speedwagon

Established Member
So... I bought an catted exhaust system with long tube headers from Texas Speed a few weeks ago and I finally got an opening in my busy schedule to drive my 16GT to my installer this Tuesday. This afternoon I get a call from my installer telling me that he couldn't finish the job because I didnt supply him with the necessary parts. He said I was missing the catted X pipe. This cant be... I get on the phone to Texas Speed telling them they didnt send the catted X pipe and now my car is sitting up on a lift waiting... The rep tells me to hold on and he is going to find out what the issue is.... hmmmm (Waiting on hold for 17mins).. Rep comes back and says.... We sent you the package via Fed Ex and the weight was 55lbs and thats what is should be... (Steam coming from outta my nose, ears and yes... my a$$!!!

Wait this gets better ..... Keep reading....

Their rep asks me to take pics of what I have and send it to him so that he can verify what was delivered... My reply: Sorry.. Did you not hear what I said in the beginning of this conversation... My car is at the shop on a lift waiting for the part you forgot to send me .. (SMFH) OMG!!!!

I gave the rep the shops # and said if you want pics you'll have to call them and ask them to send them to you.

Hold on... Climax coming!!!

The rep calls me back after he reviewed the pics and said that they shipped me the wrong mid pipe and will send me the correct one today.

My Reply: Are you going to overnight it to the shop thats doing my install??

Texas Rep: Nope... Cant do that...

My face is beat red and steam coming outta everywhere ....

Me: Well... When can you send it??

Rep: I can send to you today and you'll get it next Wednesday.. Needless to say, this is not what I wanna hear. I said.. You messed up my $1300 order and now I wont get it till middle of next week.... OMFG!!! Now I have to wait for the part and then drive it back to the shop to finish the job. This is why I hate stupid people. Dont get me wromg.. The headers are awesome but when the customer service doesnt go along with it... It means nothing!

Rant over....

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
Sorry to hear that happened to you. But what did they ship you if they didn't ship the catted X pipe? Didn't you open up the box when you received it to check out your new parts?

CobraKid04

Established Member
I had a PRC 650 dual valve spring break 3 years after installing them, which I purchased from Texas Speed. They sent me a whole new set no questions asked. I was overly impressed with their customer service. I will always buy from them after that.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I ordered a specific American Racing header and exhaust combo from a vendor and after I received it I checked it out and something didn't seem right. I contacted the vendor and sent him a pic of what I got and he ordered the wrong thing. Miscommunication somewhere. He had AR send me the right part with a return shipping label for the other parts.

Then I took it to my friend's shop so it could all get installed. Always double check parts before tearing stuff apart because honest mistakes happen.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Is the vendor going to send you a return label so you don't have to pay for the return of the wrong catback? Sorry this happened to you. Mistakes happen, unfortunately, but it would have been nice for the vendor to expedite the re-ship as a token of them being sorry it happened to you, and get it to you on Monday. JMO.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
This one's on you bud. The first thing you should always do when receiving a package with something you ordered is to OPEN THE PACKAGE AND INSPECT THE CONTENTS!!!

This is just as much your fault as it is Texas Speed.

U.M.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
Sh*t happens. Nobodies perfect. You also should have inspected the parts. chill out and move on.

50stangpower

Established Member
Agreed with above. You can't blame everything on someone else. Chalk it up as a "shit happens". I have a full bmr rear suspension in my car and when I needed to order a sway bar relocation for my wheels I bought a BMR piece... little did I know, it doesn't work with the relocated lower control arms without grinding. $45 wasted but it happens.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Also, you can't really expect overnight shipping on the correct part if you didn't pay for overnight on the original order.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Also, you can't really expect overnight shipping on the correct part if you didn't pay for overnight on the original order.
they could do better than a week tho. Frankly the op, since it was at least partly his fault for not checking the order immediately (and it would have taken less time that the op probably spends on the toilet taking a shit) he could have offered to split the cost of shipping it over night and probably gotten what he wanted. The company should pony up the money to send the wrong part back however

MFE

Established Member
I'm kinda surprised you all are blaming the OP. And sure, Texas Speed isn't obligated to overnight the part, but can you imagine how much better it would be for them to have a post about them that says "OMFG these guys ROCK, they shipped the wrong part, everybody makes mistakes but these guys went out of their way and overnighted the correct one so I could get the install finished on schedule. God bless Texas Speed" Instead, the loud and clear message from them is "meh...we screwed up...tough shit. Next?"

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
you are right had they overnighted the part this thread would have been different. But the op SHARES responsibility. He should have opened the box and verified that everything was there rather than wait till the car was on the lift in the shop.

I'm kinda surprised you all are blaming the OP. And sure, Texas Speed isn't obligated to overnight the part, but can you imagine how much better it would be for them to have a post about them that says "OMFG these guys ROCK, they shipped the wrong part, everybody makes mistakes but these guys went out of their way and overnighted the correct one so I could get the install finished on schedule. God bless Texas Speed" Instead, the loud and clear message from them is "meh...we screwed up...tough shit. Next?"

Users who are viewing this thread