Customer Service Disappointment

Thump_rrr

Established Member
I'm kinda surprised you all are blaming the OP. And sure, Texas Speed isn't obligated to overnight the part, but can you imagine how much better it would be for them to have a post about them that says "OMFG these guys ROCK, they shipped the wrong part, everybody makes mistakes but these guys went out of their way and overnighted the correct one so I could get the install finished on schedule. God bless Texas Speed" Instead, the loud and clear message from them is "meh...we screwed up...tough shit. Next?"
I made a couple of assumptions using the dimensions and weight of my mid pipe and the OP's exact location in Florida and I came up with an overnight shipping price of $270.
On top of this there is also the cost to ship the wrong mid pipe back regular freight which is around $40.00.
Do you expect the vendor to absorb a $310 expense for shipping the wrong part?
If the OP would have opened the box and noticed the wrong parts it would have cost the vendor only $80 to ship the parts both ways by regular ground shipping.

On top of that as a vendor I would either expect the parts back or a deposit on a credit card prior to shipping new parts out.
That's standard business practice.

To be perfectly clear the screw-up of sending out the wrong part is on them.
The screw-up of not checking that the proper parts were received is on him.
The OP should be paying the shipping difference.

Speedwagon

Established Member
you are right had they overnighted the part this thread would have been different. But the op SHARES responsibility. He should have opened the box and verified that everything was there rather than wait till the car was on the lift in the shop.
Parts should have been verified by the shipper... Its called quality control.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Parts should have been verified by the shipper... Its called quality control.
I agree but EVERY business makes mistakes and it would be in the best interests of the customer to verify that parts he ordered are actually what was shipped. to not do so is simply stupid on the part of the buyer.

beau t

Established Member
The rep calls me back after he reviewed the pics and said that they shipped me the wrong mid pipe and will send me the correct one today.

if he's new to the game and looked in box and saw the wrong mid pipe he might not of even knew its wrong, i know I've done this multiple times

Thump_rrr

Established Member
Parts should have been verified before it shipped!! Shouldnt be on the customer... EVER!!
Nobody is claiming that it is your fault that you received the wrong parts.

It is their fault and it doesn't seem that they are disputing this.

The issue is that you expect them to overnight you the parts when you never paid for overnight service.

Speedwagon

Established Member
Nobody is claiming that it is your fault that you received the wrong parts.

It is their fault and it doesn't seem that they are disputing this.

The issue is that you expect them to overnight you the parts when you never paid for overnight service.

Does that really matter?? C'mon now.... They made the mistake. The customer should be in their best interest. They could had at least sent it second day air. My car is siting on a lift unusable. Know what I mean. It costing me money everyday I can't use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coming Up

WeStayClean
Established Member
This one's on you bud. The first thing you should always do when receiving a package with something you ordered is to OPEN THE PACKAGE AND INSPECT THE CONTENTS!!!

This is just as much your fault as it is Texas Speed.

U.M.

Because OP shoulda been watching over their shoulder as they were processing his order.

blackfang

Established Member
Parts should have been verified before the car even entered the shop
This is why you ALWAYS open the box and verify the correct parts are there. The Installer should do the same prior to the vehicle being lifted.

Yes, they made the mistake in sending the wrong parts. That is on them. That can happen. However, do people really just send their cars out with a box and say install this without even checking the contents first?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
This is why you ALWAYS open the box and verify the correct parts are there. The Installer should do the same prior to the vehicle being lifted.

Yes, they made the mistake in sending the wrong parts. That is on them. That can happen. However, do people really just send their cars out with a box and say install this without even checking the contents first?
Apparently the OP does

_Snake_

Established Member
Had a similar situation a few years ago when installing a remote oil cooler on a 6.0 Powerstroke. The company went above and beyond what they needed to do to ensure I received the correct part ASAP to minimize my downtime.

I also started a thread to let everyone know about their customer service, but the message was entirely different.

Yes, OP should have checked the box before going to the installer, but ultimately this falls back on the company to make it right. Like racing, first (mistake) is worst. In this instance, the first mistake was not packing and shipping the correct parts.

Edited to add: how much is your company's reputation worth? I'd wager it's more than $300.

Last edited:

tistan

Established Member
Not everyone is mechanically knowledgeable enough to verify the parts before it goes to the installer. Until the install was started, how would anyone, including the installer, know that the piping is wrong? This is on the distributor and a company the size of Texas speed should eat the $300 shipping and make it right.

blackfang

Established Member
Not everyone is mechanically knowledgeable enough to verify the parts before it goes to the installer. Until the install was started, how would anyone, including the installer, know that the piping is wrong? This is on the distributor and a company the size of Texas speed should eat the $300 shipping and make it right.
You can not be serious? If that is the case, how do we know the person even ordered the right parts then since they are not mechanically knowledgeable? Come on now. If you order something and it comes in, you open the damn box to make sure you got what you paid for. If you have no idea what you are looking at, you have NO business ordering anything.

_Snake_

Established Member
You can not be serious? If that is the case, how do we know the person even ordered the right parts then since they are not mechanically knowledgeable? Come on now. If you order something and it comes in, you open the damn box to make sure you got what you paid for. If you have no idea what you are looking at, you have NO business ordering anything.

LOL

Yeah, no. Not everyone is a mechanic. And what happens if the company sends you a handful of bolts that are an inch too short? I guess you open the box and measure all your hardware?

tistan

Established Member

Knowing what every piece of product you're looking at and being able to tell if they are correct, and being able to pick the correct part off a online catalog by choosing the correct year make and model of vehicle are very different. You are trying to tell me that you can open up a set of aftermarket exhaust pipes that you've never installed before and you tell by looking that they are all correct pieces?

blackfang

Established Member
Knowing what every piece of product you're looking at and being able to tell if they are correct, and being able to pick the correct part off a online catalog by choosing the correct year make and model of vehicle are very different. You are trying to tell me that you can open up a set of aftermarket exhaust pipes that you've never installed before and you tell by looking that they are all correct pieces?
We are not talking about random parts out of a box not knowing what application they are for. We are talking about ordering a specific part for your vehicle. If you ordered a set of Hooker headers and matching X pipe for your vehicle and when the box arrives and after looking at what is in the box and if you can not tell if the parts are correct, then you should NOT be modifying your car.

BTW, every part I put on my 99 Cobra, 97 Cobra and my Z/28 and my motorcycles, I was able to tell if the part was what I ordered or not.

tistan

Established Member
We are not talking about random parts out of a box not knowing what application they are for. We are talking about ordering a specific part for your vehicle. If you ordered a set of Hooker headers and matching X pipe for your vehicle and when the box arrives and after looking at what is in the box and if you can not tell if the parts are correct, then you should NOT be modifying your car.

BTW, every part I put on my 99 Cobra, 97 Cobra and my Z/28 and my motorcycles, I was able to tell if the part was what I ordered or not.

Your full of it. If they packaged the wrong xpipe there would be no way to tell until you go to install it. I guess you're so bad asses that if you ordered a 2800 stall converter and they accidentally boxed up a 3500 you could tell by looking.

Users who are viewing this thread