Customer Service Disappointment

blackfang

Established Member
Not bad ass, but once i open the package, I usually check out the boxes that came in it and verify part info. You know, the box that the parts manufacturer puts them in once they are finished production. Now if a manufacture mis-boxes a product and the vendor sold it that way, that is different, but that is not what happened. OP ordered headers and a catted X pipe and got a completely different mid pipe. Inspecting that prior, you are going to know it is not right especially when it does not bolt to the headers(yes I even check that too)

Not trying to be a dick, but people in society tend to place all blame to others when they are also a small part of that problem. I am done arguing simple things with you.

MFE

Established Member
LOL...he didn't order the wrong part, they sent the wrong part, and told him he'd get the right one when he gets it. And it's still his fault? Idiots.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Just an FYI shops don't jump for joy when you pull up with boxes of parts to install when THEY could have been the vendors. Been there done that Forever!

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
LOL...he didn't order the wrong part, they sent the wrong part, and told him he'd get the right one when he gets it. And it's still his fault? Idiots.
the fact that he got the wrong part is not his fault. no one has said it was. what WAS his fault is the fact that it was up on the lift before the error was discovered. You cannot argue the fact that had he checked the box when he got it, he could have made arraingements to get the right stuff there before the shop started his car.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Your full of it. If they packaged the wrong xpipe there would be no way to tell until you go to install it. I guess you're so bad asses that if you ordered a 2800 stall converter and they accidentally boxed up a 3500 you could tell by looking.

They didn't send the wrong X pipe, he said the X pipe was missing. You'd have to be pretty badass to to open a box that is supposed to have headers and an X pipe in it, and be able to determine whether or not the X pipe is present.

_Snake_

Established Member
You cannot argue the fact that had he checked the box when he got it, he could have made arraingements to get the right stuff there before the shop started his car.

Sure you can - what if he can't tell they're the right parts? (use my shifter example)

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
Sure you can - what if he can't tell they're the right parts?
That's a risk you take. I usually budget extra when i have to pay a shop to do my work. It sucks when something doesnt but what else can you do? Demand they next day air or have them pay the shops labor they might have charged you to fix it seems unrealistic.

I'm pricing exhaust for my truck. I may just trailer it a couple hours away and have a shop custom build it off some new headers. It is expensive but will be done exactly how i want and wont have to worry about fit mat or missing parts.

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Sure you can - what if he can't tell they're the right parts? (use my shifter example)
If someone is so stupid as to not be able to tell when an x-pipe is missing out of a box they shouldn't be driving let alone ordering parts. Smaller parts maybe, but an x?

_Snake_

Established Member
True, true. OP should have checked the box, but I can't see putting 100% ownership back on him (just making a general statement).

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
True, true. OP should have checked the box, but I can't see putting 100% ownership back on him (just making a general statement).

Nobody is putting ownership directly on him. It should be shared. Of course it's not his fault the order wasn't correct, but a few seconds of due diligence would've saved himself a lot of trouble.

MFE

Established Member
They didn't send the wrong X pipe, he said the X pipe was missing. You'd have to be pretty badass to to open a box that is supposed to have headers and an X pipe in it, and be able to determine whether or not the X pipe is present.

Let's review the original post, shall we?

Speedwagon said:
The rep calls me back after he reviewed the pics and said that they shipped me the wrong mid pipe

Maybe it WAS an X-pipe, but not correct for longtube headers? Maybe we need to consider that if the OP is having a shop do the work, he's not a ****ing expert in parts?

Maybe also we need to consider, that predicate to him checking the box, Texas Speed should have shipped it correctly in the first place.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Obviously they should have sent the correct order to begin with. But the entire inconvenience of the car being stuck on the lift for a week or whatever could have been easily avoided. That's all.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
He said the shop told him the pipe was missing. His story is contradictory but I will go with what the shop said it was missing. Easy to tell when sit like that is missing

Let's review the original post, shall we?

Maybe it WAS an X-pipe, but not correct for longtube headers? Maybe we need to consider that if the OP is having a shop do the work, he's not a ****ing expert in parts?

Maybe also we need to consider, that predicate to him checking the box, Texas Speed should have shipped it correctly in the first place.

MFE

Established Member
He said the shop told him the pipe was missing. His story is contradictory but I will go with what the shop said it was missing. Easy to tell when sit like that is missing

He said no such thing. He said the shop told him he didn't supply the necessary e.g. correct, parts, as evidenced by the fact that Texas Speed looked at pictures the shop took, and agreed they'd sent the wrong part.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
He said no such thing. He said the shop told him he didn't supply the necessary e.g. correct, parts, as evidenced by the fact that Texas Speed looked at pictures the shop took, and agreed they'd sent the wrong part.
really? perhaps you failed to read the OP, or comprehend what you read. Let me quote it for you:
This afternoon I get a call from my installer telling me that he couldn't finish the job because I didnt supply him with the necessary parts. He said I was missing the catted X pipe.
not sure how else to interpret this other than he said the shop told him it was missing. I am open to alternative translations if you have one to offer up.

MFE

Established Member
The rep calls me back after he reviewed the pics and said that they shipped me the wrong mid pipe and will send me the correct one today.

Want me to post it a third time, so it sinks in? At the end of the day, IDGAF because I don't have a dog in the race, I just think it's shitty of you guys to keep blaming the OP for this.

Users who are viewing this thread