Cut the CRAP !!

trance_in_miami

Established Member
The new Cobra is no TERMINATOR! the front looks weak. It needs that hard look :coolman: that the 03-04 and Roush stage 3 and especially saleens had before. Many of us are to excited , but take out the motor and look at its aesthetics. The car is no diffrent and no better looking than a Concept or an 2005 SALEEN. Lets cut the crap being SHELBY's final work he needed to let ford know that fake plastics behind the trunk and no scoops are really SAD! Shelby gt500 is supposed to be the one car that has real stuff like the retro stangs did. But instead it looks CHEAP!!!! :xpl: Can we get some real Metal & chrome! :bash:

So far the best i have seen. IMO :bowdown: :bowdown:

chicshow118_jpg.jpg

chicshow209_jpg.jpg

chicshow227_jpg.jpg

chicshow221_jpg.jpg

I guess we fail to see that if these new stangs had the SVT gt500 motor we would ignore the new cobra. I just Wish they dont change the concept style of the new svt. :mj:

.Thats my Opinion.
:rockon:

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
Personally I have really liked the unadorned look of the V6's over the "HEY LOOOOOOOOK AT ME" styling of the Shelby. There are some promo photos out of the new car beside the V6 and the GT, those cars look mean while the new Shelby actually looks like it has this goofy looking smile on its face.

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Dude ...this is a concept .... They may be taking all this data back to home base and do something with it .....

Start bitching once you see one on the street ...Patience little grass hoppper

crazyhorse06

Established Member
I think the car is nearly perfect. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Shortens the waiting list for me.

orangesvtbb

Established Member
I like the car...and more metal would mean heavier. I think hood scoops(minus mach's) look cheap and the indented vents look mean.

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
I like the nose, I like the rear, I like what I see in those very detailed pics for the interior.

Would I like about a half inch more bulge in the hood .. yes.
Would I like a rear fender flare like the new Z06 has .. yes.
Would I like nice looking wheels .. yes.

Your point on Shelby's last horah is very well taken, it'd be nice if they can tweek a few things like this, but I know they're killing themselves to keep this thing in that $40K ceiling & I know that's not easy.

Am I excited, very, I'm already planning my timeline to sell & buy, I'll fix anything I don't like & let Rick @ Amazon explore what it'll do at 12-14 psi - and somehow figure how to get some real meats in those pidly rear fenders.

CobraZb

Blown Cobra *****
Established Member
I just hate the interior. It looks cheap. In my eyes it just looks like a GT's interior and if I am going to pay X amount more then a GT I want more then just an engine.

Big 8

Established Member
B!tch and moan.... Lets see SVT is progressive in almost evrything it does...so what we will get is a faster, better braking, better handling, better built car in every way.... "cut the crap" Right! You can mount all the ricer bulgy plastic you want on it as soon as you buy it!

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
CobraZb said:
I just hate the interior. It looks cheap. In my eyes it just looks like a GT's interior and if I am going to pay X amount more then a GT I want more then just an engine.

So why did you buy your current Cobra? It's interior is just as cheap as the GT model...

69hahaha

Established Member
trance_in_miami said:
:shrug:

Because it the top of the line Pony. I would expect something better!!! wouldn't you!! :bash:

Since when did a Cobra ever get a totally diff. interior than a GT? And once you saw the interior, you bought it anyway.

BT03mach-1

Established Member
I like but I still think the 03 and 04 looks better. I will have to see how the real one comes out.
I'm thinking when it comes out I can get a really good deal on a 03 04 cobra.

Sith

Banned
BT03mach-1 said:
I like but I still think the 03 and 04 looks better. I will have to see how the real one comes out.
I'm thinking when it comes out I can get a really good deal on a 03 04 cobra.

that's my plan too ;-)

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
crazyhorse06 said:
I think the car is nearly perfect. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Shortens the waiting list for me.

Perfect. Hey, if they put 1 more wing on the Saleen, they might break the suspension! :lol:
If they put 1 more wing on that, the Griswolds (Nat'l Lampoon's "Vacation") might buy it to replace their station wagon :lol:

Seriously, I like the new Shelby ALOT
Don't buy it. I will :burnout:

Lawman85

Banned
The GT-500 is the best Mustang every produced based on it's equipment and numbers, and that still isn't good enough for some people. Has anyone looked or sat in an 05? The interior is already superior to our 04's!! What else can they do? It saves them a fortune that the interior is already tight and all they have to spend money on is the motor, suspension and body. The new GT already pulls close to the same skid pan #'s as an 04 Terminator, how do you think it will perform after they tweak the new suspension?

I've got no doubts that the GT-500 would spank a stock terminator in every category. The interior is already better, with higher quality products and superior fit and finish. All together, it's a bad ass car!! Of course, you could go buy a Z06 for $30,000 more!

RossSVT

Established Member
The best Mustang ever produced has NOT been produced. Wait for the SVT Cobra. Because what you see is exactly what you get. This is a Shelby. NOT the new SVT Cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread