Cut the CRAP !!

Dave07997S

Established Member
RossSVT said:
The best Mustang ever produced has NOT been produced. Wait for the SVT Cobra. Because what you see is exactly what you get. This is a Shelby. NOT the new SVT Cobra.

Actually they are the same now...SVT is going to use the Shelby moniker according to the articles I have been reading. Anyone heard anything else?? Dave

mingrey02gt

Established Member
RossSVT said:
The best Mustang ever produced has NOT been produced. Wait for the SVT Cobra. Because what you see is exactly what you get. This is a Shelby. NOT the new SVT Cobra.

You must have missed the SVT written on the blower/engine and the wheels.

Also, the interior is all leather(where the GT/V6 is plastic) and satin aluminum dash. Superior materials that give off 99% the same look.

RossSVT

Established Member
All cosmetics. Wait and see. Although you have the SVT name it is in association with Shelby.

Last edited:

99GTvert

Established Member
How can any of you say that the shelby looks cheap? Especially the interior. What other mustang has had a leather covered dash or a gauge clustor as nice as the Shelby's?

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
CobraZb said:
Please I think at least the seats are way nicer.

The seats shown in the GT500 are not the seats that are going to be used in production...

But I hate the 03/04 stock Cobra seats, so much in fact, I got rid of them.

K-Dubb

Established Member
I think the unpainted ground effects all the way around the car look cheap, along with the unpainted mirrors. Look at the side view of the shelby...it would look sooo much better if everything was painted, the side skirts are so annoying. How hard is it to paint everything the previous cobra?? The 03-04 has a much more clean look than the shelby. FORD PAINT THE PLASTICS TO MATCH THE COLOR OF THE CAR!

trendkilllx

Established Member
I agree that the new gt500 is better than the 03/04 (which I have) but seems like the price of this car may be a bit high as just dont see a car with the same engine as the GT40 going for 40 grand.

rphinney

Established Member
I figured out exactly what shelby "contributed" to the GT and the GT500.................it is those hood indends! And I must say they look like the work of an 82 year old man! They look like misplaced air ducts on a 65 VW Bug!

GTMEPLZ!

Evil_Merlin said:
The seats shown in the GT500 are not the seats that are going to be used in production...

But I hate the 03/04 stock Cobra seats, so much in fact, I got rid of them.

Any thing short of a park bench would be better then the 03/04 seats. Those have to be the worst ever put in a Mustang. I have a friend with a 2000 v6 and those seats seem like a lazy boy compared to the crap in the 2003 Cobra. The new GT seats are 10 times improved over the Cobra seats. If the Shelby is closer to the GT seats then they'll be doing us all a big favor. Especially our back and our asses after a long ride.

jshen

Established Member
Hood Indents

rphinney said:
I figured out exactly what shelby "contributed" to the GT and the GT500.................it is those hood indends! And I must say they look like the work of an 82 year old man! They look like misplaced air ducts on a 65 VW Bug!

The hood indents..do you mean the hot air ducts? They appear to be the same as my 03..

Based on what I've seen on other posts..Ford is having problems with the GT motor leaking. I just hope they get the 500 motor bullet proofed before the Shelby..SVT or whatever you want to call it comes out.

badazzcobra1

Established Member
oooooo my young jedis alot to learn when shelby put his name on this car you can bet there WILL NOT be another version of SVT. Fords whole purpose was to recapture a dying market by putting a name that is infamous with speed and for those Ford owners that dont want to got back in time the new Shelby will be bought by new ford owners and old ford owners who want to be young again.(referring to people 45 and older)

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
wow, i hate to say this, but i like the interior and the seats in my 04 cobra. i think it depends on size and driving style/position. i'll have to sit in the new one before i make up my mind. no flaming, please

CANiHaveGasCash

Established Member
CobraZb said:
I just hate the interior. It looks cheap. In my eyes it just looks like a GT's interior and if I am going to pay X amount more then a GT I want more then just an engine.
and the 93-04 cobra interiors looked different than the GT and V-6 models?

Users who are viewing this thread