Cutting Coils....

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I lowered my old mach with steeda sport springs then I cut a full coil out of the front to bring it down even more. Looked awesome as hell, rode like ass though. did I mention it looked awesome.

Krwy

Established Member
I cut one coil off the stock springs in all four corners. Ride is basically the same.
DSC02246.jpg

03machme

go on and mach me
Established Member
3/4 here but i am going to cut another 1/4 or so off as soon as i can get some CC plates rides great and looks 100x better

03Mach1 925

Established Member
imma cut mine 1 coil to than...its cheaper than buying springs because i got CC plates layin around in my garage so i might as well cut them.

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
I cut mine a Coil and 1/4" in the rear and a Coil and 1/8" in the front. I have been riding on them for 4 years now. IMO they ride just a good if not better than the Eibach Sportlines I had on my 00GT.

Furinox

Established Member
I cut mine a Coil and 1/4" in the rear and a Coil and 1/8" in the front. I have been riding on them for 4 years now. IMO they ride just a good if not better than the Eibach Sportlines I had on my 00GT.

you're car sits perfect. I need to cut a little bit more off my rears to sit like yours does.

EVO-lution

Established Member
I lowered my old mach with steeda sport springs then I cut a full coil out of the front to bring it down even more. Looked awesome as hell, rode like ass though. did I mention it looked awesome.

it rode like ass because you're not supposed to cut aftermarkets.

I was going to cut my stockers. but no one is buying my aftermarkets so i may just install them and go from there. Maybe remove an ISO on each corner

Krwy

Established Member
just wondering...do you scrape over everything because i hate that...if your scraping on everything im prob going to cut 3/4

My ProChamber kinda scrapes on the ground over HUGE speed bumps but thats it. I want to bring the front down a little more.

weems

Mach Won
Established Member
I cut 1 1'4" coil in the front and 1 in the back, all iso's removed. Also on KYB Shocks/struts, it rides like shit.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
it rode like ass because you're not supposed to cut aftermarkets.

I was going to agree with you, but Steeda Sports are not progressive springs. Therefore, IMO, its ok to cut them just as we cut our stock ones. It probably rode like ass because there was less travel on a stiffer spring to begin with. :shrug:

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
I was going to agree with you, but Steeda Sports are not progressive springs. Therefore, IMO, its ok to cut them just as we cut our stock ones. It probably rode like ass because there was less travel on a stiffer spring to begin with. :shrug:

Yeah my buddy had cut Steeda's on his old 00GT and it rode fine to me. I guess it's all up to the individual what rides like shit and rides good! I have just always come to the conclusion that anytime you lower something it's going to ride a little firmer than stock but damn will it look good! :rolling:

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
I cut 1 1'4" coil in the front and 1 in the back, all iso's removed. Also on KYB Shocks/struts, it rides like shit.

I'm going to have to say it's probably the KYB's because mine rides great on the stock Tokico's but your Mach does sit lower than mine in the front which probably is the difference in the way our cars ride.

Last edited:

03mach281

Established Member
i cut 3/4 of a coil and took the bottom isolator off the front, and im running PHP rear drag springs with no isolators.
rides fine.
sorry for the crappy pic

IMG_0537.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread