cutting my rear springs

PGreenSVT

Established Member
Or just get a set of LCA's with adjustable spring perch's. I run Eibach Pro's with 1/2 coil cut from the front and adjustable rear LCA's.

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
Everybody always bags on cutting stock springs.

If, IF there's a spring out there that's acceptable to cut a coil out of, it would be the stockers. Or at least a linear rate spring. No lowering spring. If you have lowering springs and it ain't low enough, buy a different lowering spring.

A stock spring with 1 coil out of it looks good, handles decent, it just works.

buck667

Toxic Venom
Established Member
I threw away my stock springs when i put on the sportlines:??:

I'm picking up my brother's stockers over christmas and chopping them down. I'll post before and after pics when i'm done. I currently have a two finger gap between the tire and wheel well. I'm going for zero fingers when I'm finished.

Last edited:

wakeboarder193

Established Member
my car came with sportlines on it and the rears have been cut. not sure how much or the process etc. the ride is fine but it sits waaay too low for me. i've been meaning to get some other springs, and if i do i'll have these to get rid of.... if you don't want to go through the hassle send me a pm.

BO TY KLR

Established Member
How much of a drop did cutting 1 coil get you? Just picked up a solid axle with stock 96 cobra springs I know I'm gonna have to cut to get it to sit how I want.

Users who are viewing this thread