Cycling e-85 / 93

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I made the switch to E85 about a month ago. I dd my car and average about 30 miles a day. Car never sits for more than 24 hours at a time. Should I cycle between e85 and 93 or is it fine to run e85 all the time? I was told by a buddy of my that tunes evo's to cycle to 93 once a month. Just looking for feedback.

Fuel system is jpc double 465 walbro, id1000's injectors.

KonaFifty

Established Member
i would like to know why is there a need to cycle as well? your fuel system is set up for it and your motor is tuned for it; so why is there a need to cycle it instead of just being told to cycle it by so called tuner without any explanation?

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
No cycling here....E85 everyday, all day long, all year long. Runs like a champ, starts up like factory, idles smoother than factory. Passes emissions no problem. Although my driving season down here is 12 months a year, the car sits for 10-14 day periods. It sometimes takes 8-10 weeks to run thru 1 tank. Never had an issue.

95snake03

Established Member
All the people who have success with it are in Texas where they produce it and it's higher quality. Elsewhere in the states it's crap and gums up your injectors and tank. That's why you need 93 to clean it out so your injectors flow properly

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I test it every tank full and I get 89%. I work on the base all week so filling up is easy. The lowest I have tested was another smaller base near me that tested at 86%.

mach330

Established Member
All the people who have success with it are in Texas where they produce it and it's higher quality. Elsewhere in the states it's crap and gums up your injectors and tank. That's why you need 93 to clean it out so your injectors flow properly

:dw:

I have no issues and run E85 in all of my vehicles... E85 cleans the tank out and sends it through the injectors. You are more likely to have issues after running gas for a while and then running alcohol.

mach330

Established Member
Also, every time you switch, you still have the old fuel in the lines and you will run rich or lean for a minute... Don't switch calibrations and then romp on it right away.

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
When I did the switch to e85 I pulled the feed line and started the pumps, when they went dry I reconnected feed and loaded e85 and tune. I let it sit at idle for 5 mins. then drove to e85 station filled up and started logging for Lund.

If I cycle I would do the same thing and let it sit at idle for a few mintues before driving.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member

How did you arrive at this conclusion? What is so magical about ethanol in Texas? You need to post some data to support that claim, like setups and what the ethanol % used was testing out at. Many people from various parts of the country post in this distillery section and have had great success.

Chosyn1

I'm your Huckleberry
Established Member
I made the switch to E85 about a month ago. I dd my car and average about 30 miles a day. Car never sits for more than 24 hours at a time. Should I cycle between e85 and 93 or is it fine to run e85 all the time? I was told by a buddy of my that tunes evo's to cycle to 93 once a month. Just looking for feedback.

Fuel system is jpc double 465 walbro, id1000's injectors.

maybe that's the reason...:shrug:

SN95N/A

Established Member
Can we get some info on the difference between texas e85 and other states e85? I deliver the fuel every day for a living..please explain?

Rambro

Established Member

Of the few stations in my area e70 is the norm and that's the summer blend.

Users who are viewing this thread