Cylinder head suggestions for my build...

ZZZZAP

Striking twice
Established Member
I'm trying to decide what to do about cylinder heads for the built block I'll be ordering soon. I opted for a shortblock with the intention of reusing my stock heads and throwing a set of cams/springs on them. As we all know, that was then....this is now! Here's my problem, since I'm in Iraq making good money right now I think it would be dumb not to at least put some ported heads on. The kicker is that I don't want to blow a big chunk of what I will earn thru the end of the year on the build. Here are some options:

1.) buy a set from TEA, Fox Lake, Boss330, etc.
3.) buy the new Trickflow heads

I know if I bought ported all I would really need to do is install the cams since the rest of the valve train would be upgraded already. I really want the Trickflow heads but I'm concerned about the extra cost of having to replace the valve springs since, currently, they don't assemble them with springs having enough spring pressure for our application. I jumped on a deal from JDM and got a 2.3 whipple and already know where I'm getting the shortblock. Now I'm trying to decide on heads and finish getting the supporting mods (i.e fuel pumps, injectors, idler pulleys). What do you guys think?

Users who are viewing this thread