Dad's New Toy

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
^ i did one for a GT3 and also a 570s mclaren.

The porsche was amazing on the track. rear steer is a plus too.

Amazing how much it helps. It does take some getting used to though.

I have a hard time with rear engine cars on the track... too many miles with a front engine.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Amazing how much it helps. It does take some getting used to though.

I have a hard time with rear engine cars on the track... too many miles with a front engine.
Daytona has a go cart track in the infield, went to an SCCA thing there and co-drove a friends MR2, spun or nearly spun that ****er around multiple times.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
The mid and rear engine cars will definitely keep you on your toes on the way into a corner, and they put down power like mad on the way out. You develop a real feel for weight transfer with them...

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The mid and rear engine cars will definitely keep you on your toes on the way into a corner, and they put down power like mad on the way out. You develop a real feel for weight transfer with them...

Yes sir! Just a completely different feeling haha

I thought about you this weekend when my buddy showed up in his new 488 Challenge car.

1681909291977.jpeg

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Yes sir! Just a completely different feeling haha

I thought about you this weekend when my buddy showed up in his new 488 Challenge car.

The 488CH are fun track cars. They're powerful, and set up to keep their drivers safe while still being fun to drive.

Should any of y'all chance to be at COTA this weekend, Ferrari has Challenge, XX, and full GT cars running Fri-Sun. You may even see a couple blue & yellow cars turning a wheel in anger...

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The 488CH are fun track cars. They're powerful, and set up to keep their drivers safe while still being fun to drive.

Should any of y'all chance to be at COTA this weekend, Ferrari has Challenge, XX, and full GT cars running Fri-Sun. You may even see a couple blue & yellow cars turning a wheel in anger...

Looking forward to it! I won't make it, but I'll check out the feed!

Enjoy, good luck!

blk02edge

Established Member
Ariel Atom has entered the chat....

One of my customers just found that out the hard way on pit exit on cold tires

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Did you run?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Fastest of the non-pro drivers out there. 2:04s on new tires, some 2:06 passenger laps. Good fun!

I wasn't able to watch live but went back and tried to watch the YouTube feeds. Did you run W2W, or in a run group that was more of a time attack style?

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I wasn't able to watch live but went back and tried to watch the YouTube feeds. Did you run W2W, or in a run group that was more of a time attack style?

Our group was time attack. The W2W groups that weekend are all Ferrari Challenge, and while I admire their enthusiasm, about 1/3 of participating cars end up with serious damage by the end of the weekend, and a number are totalled.

I prefer driving to replacing parts.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Our group was time attack. The W2W groups that weekend are all Ferrari Challenge, and while I admire their enthusiasm, about 1/3 of participating cars end up with serious damage by the end of the weekend, and a number are totalled.

I prefer driving to replacing parts.

One of the main reasons I stay in Time Attack/Time Trials. I spend enough money fixing things, I don't need crash damage too haha

2:04 is damn fast. Did you watch SLB down there? That 720 GT3X ran a 2:00 (pro driver). That's flat out moving.

EDIT: With that series, do they post lap times on RaceHero, Speedhive, etc?

Users who are viewing this thread