Dallas area GTG @ Coleman's house

B-O-B'03

Established Member
Several Cobras are meeting at Coleman's house this weekend for a blanket party :-D

We will either send out for pizza, while we work, if the weather is nice or go and eat some place if it is crappy.

We are looking at meeting on Sunday right now. I am flexible about the day and I think Coleman might be too.

PM, post or email Coleman or my self if interested.

-Brian

lifter213

Established Member
Wish I could make it but i work 2-11 on Sundays :bash: But i'm off Friday/Saturday. :shrug:

coleman

Established Member
yes, i can do either day. just thought i'd throw a day out to start with.

weather-wise, saturday does look a little better...

in light of what lifter stated, who can't do saturday noon?

btw, i live in a typical sub-division. unless anyone offers up a better more spacious place/garage/driveway, i think accomodate quite a few of us.

i have a three car garage and room for three more on the driveway (which is a little steep, but i don't drag). i'm on a corner lot, so we also have two sides of parking as well.

elapidae, bob, and i intend to wrap-up our hood blankie mods.
but, i do also have a pulley puller if anyone needs to use one.

Last edited:

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
What will we be working on? Will anybody be painting their COBRA on the blanket? I have a party Saturday night at my house, so I will need to help get the place ready. But I should be able to make it for a few hours. PM me where you live Coleman. Lifter, if you make it can you bring the rest of the trim you used on your hood blanket mod?

coleman

Established Member
oh, yes, i'd like to get my hood blanket painted as well.. got duplicolor? yes!

and if Mac03Cobra could come over to show me (us) how to paint our calipers too!!!!

we can all benefit from everyone else's experience (IOW mistakes).

i'll post some maps to my place tomorrow if no one else steps up to host the GTG.
FYI, i'm in Murphy, TX with is basically 6 miles east of 75 and 190 (or Renner/Campbell).

Last edited:

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
I'd still like to go (Saturday or Sunday). Please PM me a map. Have we picked a time yet?

Anybody want to donate a pulley to the needy :-D

(that's "needy" as in poor, not "needy" as in high maintenance) ;-)

chillfactor

2-BADSVTS
Established Member
Hey if you guys are doing anything on the 14th, I will be there in a conference. I would like to see some of Cobras in person, and of course owners too.

BLACK SUNSHINE

Established Member
chillfactor, will your Cobra be here? I am thinking about some AFS cobra r rims to get a little wider wheel/tire in the back. The stock rear wheels do not seem to "stick out" even with the front. I am glad you posted your pic so I could see what they look like.
Coleman, if you post or PM me a map/time, I can probably make it.

B-O-B'03

Established Member
Originally posted by chillfactor
Hey if you guys are doing anything on the 14th, I will be there in a conference. I would like to see some of Cobras in person, and of course owners too.

It is not that hard to get a few of us together for food, drinks and BS. :beer:

Drop any of us a PM and let us know when you are going to be here and where you are staying.

-Brian

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
Originally posted by chillfactor

The 14th!!!

That's like 2 weeks from now. :eek:

Nobody plans that far ahead ;-)

Actually, we're in despirate need of a RED Cobra for our GTG photos so I'm sure we could pull together barring any extreme weather :thumbsup:

coleman

Established Member
well, i guess it's going to be my place, Saturday @ noon.
home phone # is 972-516-0667 if anyone gets lost.
here's a map:

Hunter

Crazy Insane SVT Poster!
Established Member
It's probably further than I would like to drive. I looked on Mapquest and it's about 78 miles one way for me. Plus, I don't have any mods to do, except put on my shifter, that's like 30 minutes. I would like to see all the cars, but I don't want to put 160 miles on my car to do it. I'll just wait for another get together some other time. Plus, I don't know what the Wife has planned, we all know she's the boss!:thumbsup:

TPOC

Established Member
I'm there. Sat or Sun is fine with me. Need me to bring anything besides the plugs? Still waiting on them, hopefully I will have them when I come over.

Cya :beer:

chillfactor

2-BADSVTS
Established Member
Sounds good and I will bring the Cobra. I will let you know once the arrangments have been made.

Mac03Cobra

Texas Lightning Rod
Established Member
Blanket party?:lol:

I'm out of state like always this week, but Saturday might be a possibility....

Paint Calipers, NO PROBLEM...
swap9.jpg

Pulleys, NO PROBLEM, I'll bring the Anti S. and BFW.

Hood blanket paint, I have the paint if you have the patience and time. Need to do this one right! NO PROBLEM.
swap4.jpg

It's been 2 weeks and I'm STILL WAITING on my chip?

2.93 installed. 9 inch power stacker installed. Pillar Boost and A/F gauges installed.

WHERE'S THE CHIP? ARGH!

Mac

Mac03Cobra

Texas Lightning Rod
Established Member
I also have another mod "in progress" that I have NOT seen anyone do yet? :shrug:

My wife is not to sure about this one, but I keep telling her "IT'S NOT DONE YET!"...

It might be the next POSTBAN spectacular!:beer:

Mac

lifter213

Established Member
Originally posted by DD2000GT
Lifter, if you make it can you bring the rest of the trim you used on your hood blanket mod?

Yeah its still at my parents house. If i go over there friday i'll try to remember to grab it. And if i remember right its only like 2 or 3 feet worth.

stan03

Established Member
Hey Guys ?

I'll be around the shop some saturday and would love to share a little shop space.....heated and equipped...parts avail..techs nearby,in exchange for seeing better some of your mods....and to tell you more about the deal that is done for an eight race series of fast street fords,sponsored by Doug stanley Ford...and looks like SVT,local Mobil one dist...Reeder ....Kenny Brown,JMS,maybe Kenne Belle,JR's Custom Auto and a few others are interested in being a part of these events in some way.
1st race is Feb 21st I think.
I 've already had guys from out of state saying when..we're coming !!
BTW..all my Kenny Brown suspension should be here next week !!
Sure runs better since Chris Johnson tuned it...had to rush to the E.R. at Baylor from Cedar Hill this morning.......I beat people that left 10mins before me,ist time I've run her that hard..wow!

Oh yes..I also have my red Mach I,two R cobra's,and free hot dogs on Sat this week !!

:burnout:

stan03

Established Member
posters

I also have a stack of those posters that people are selling for free,and some SVT stickers

Users who are viewing this thread