Dallas Performance GallardOH-NO(this is why you work on your own cars!)

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
OP, do you have the ability and the neccesary equipment to build a custom turbo system and do all the proper tuning for a $250,000 exotic vehicle? This isnt a mustang with catalogue parts slapped onto it. :rolleyes:

Braden

Shake N' Bake
Established Member
OP, do you have the ability and the neccesary equipment to build a custom turbo system and do all the proper tuning for a $250,000 exotic vehicle? This isnt a mustang with catalogue parts slapped onto it. :rolleyes:

Oh I see because of my "this is why you work on your own car" title. In short no. If I did take it to a shop for $150k in mods I would go over every step of work on my car and pull it the second I saw the mess they made out of my wiring harness. However if I was doing a custom TT setup on my "non-exotic" Mustang I'd still do most of the work myself and use 3rd parties for things like cold-side piping/exhaust etc. Creating nice custom wiring with OEM adaptors is not hard and out of all the non-sense in this story the wiring upsets me the most.

DSargent09

Established Member
Maybe you wouldnt do your own work on an exotic, but I would

I would talk back and forth with the builder, and all they would be used for is the fab work.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Maybe you wouldnt do your own work on an exotic, but I would

I would talk back and forth with the builder, and all they would be used for is the fab work.

have you ever worked on a mid-engine awd car before?

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Anybody see the response from Dallas Racing? Seems there is more to the story on behalf of the customer than he cares to tell.

4a7191a

Established Member
Wow, i just heard about that. Ouch and stupid. Italian trash car, should of bought a ford GT and it would of still been running and with that kind of money wasted might of been faster than. Hennessey's GT.... Just my 2 cents..

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Wow, i just heard about that. Ouch and stupid. Italian trash car, should of bought a ford GT and it would of still been running and with that kind of money wasted might of been faster than. Hennessey's GT.... Just my 2 cents..

I wouldn't even let John Hennessey talk about my car, much less work on it for money.

4a7191a

Established Member
I wouldn't either. Lol
Hennessey's ford GT is a standing mile beast that's a fact. Point was though If the money for that Italian turd was applied properly to a ford gt it would of been alot better investment per HP. And most likely reliable too if done right .

BDF8

UF Alum. GO GATORS
Established Member
I wouldn't either. Lol
Hennessey's ford GT is a standing mile beast that's a fact. Point was though If the money for that Italian turd was applied properly to a ford gt it would of been alot better investment per HP. And most likely reliable too if done right .

Hennessey's Ford GT was wasn't built by Hennessey. He didn't support it at all and only gave it any attention when the machine started turning heads.

Poppacapp

Established Member
Dallas Performance is a joke. Should have gone to UGR. Lesson learned.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Anybody see the response from Dallas Racing? Seems there is more to the story on behalf of the customer than he cares to tell.

Lol yup. Ironic thread title is ironic...

Hennessey's Ford GT was wasn't built by Hennessey. He didn't support it at all and only gave it any attention when the machine started turning heads.

This.

Users who are viewing this thread