Dam Our Military Is No Freaken Joke!

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Define waste? Were the richest country on Earth by a long shot! The money u claim were "Wasting" doesn't seem to have ANY impact on our countries ability to STILL be the SUPER POWER of the world both financially and militarily!

I have no issue WASTING money on our military to secure our safety so no that one ever ****s with us and knowing if they did they would get turned into Dust. That makes me sleep pretty easy at night actually!

You should know by now, ANYTHING associated with gov't spending has pervasive amounts of waste. R&D is one thing and is needed. Spending $250K on a Humvee or north of $50B on the F22 program only to cancel it with only a 1/4 of the aircraft being produced is pure waste, $15K for a sniper rifle GTFO. There are countless examples like these. It has nothing to do with properly equipping our military and keeping us safe. It's about investing appropriately and responsibly. The DoD's procurement process and oversight is grossly broken. Shouldn't come as a surprise when you are spending other people's money with very little accountability.

100% for our military, but have 0% trust in the people entrusted to run it.

ajaf1656

Established Member
Yeah, saying the military spending is full of waste isn't saying that spending on the military is wasteful.
I wish civilians could go spend the last two weeks of a fiscal year with a military unit to see them blow through that last chunk of their budget so they can claim to need the same amount or more next year. It gets almost comical.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
China probably outspends us dollar for dollar on military, as government waste here has already been pointed out. And just because China sells us junk doesn't mean they can't produce quality stuff.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Maybe u should move to Canada. I hear they have a really strong Military there that completely relies on the US for its freedom and safety.

I know (2) dudes who have Snipers and are on SWAT teams locally and their Snipers cost well over $20k with all the bells and whistles. $15k is a pretty good deal! Apparently u seem to be clueless on how much good equipment costs.

Snipers are what front line units RELY on so they dont get killed! U think a soldiers life is worth less than $15k?

"100% for our military, but have 0% trust in the people entrusted to run it". Thats an oxymoron bro. The people that run our military our generals!

22CF1C92-7330-4CD0-88EC-AB6326F89D36_4_5005_c.jpeg

You should know by now, ANYTHING associated with gov't spending has pervasive amounts of waste. R&D is one thing and is needed. Spending $250K on a Humvee or north of $50B on the F22 program only to cancel it with only a 1/4 of the aircraft being produced is pure waste, $15K for a sniper rifle GTFO. There are countless examples like these. It has nothing to do with properly equipping our military and keeping us safe. It's about investing appropriately and responsibly. The DoD's procurement process and oversight is grossly broken. Shouldn't come as a surprise when you are spending other people's money with very little accountability.

100% for our military, but have 0% trust in the people entrusted to run it.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
I know (2) dudes who have Snipers and are on SWAT teams locally and their Snipers cost well over $20k with all the bells and whistles. $15k is a pretty good deal! Apparently u seem to be clueless on how much good equipment costs.

Snipers are what front line units RELY on so they dont get killed! U think a soldiers life is worth less than $15k?

"100% for our military, but have 0% trust in the people entrusted to run it". Thats an oxymoron bro. The people that run our military our generals!

View attachment 1698995

$20K for a SWAT rifle????? X 1,000,000 GTFO!

I build precision rifles on the side, and could build you one that would embarrass the ones issued to the military for less than half the cost. Why is it that I can buy a top of the line Nightforce scope for ~$3,500, yet when the gov't buys one, it magically cost $7K. It must be the "mil spec" designation.

And who do our generals get their marching papers from? The guys in the suits, that's who. Who's in charge of the appropriations???? Did you know Elizabeth Warren in on the Armed Services Committee. Yes, she gets a voice in directing where the dollars are spent. That should be all you need to hear, so hopefully I don't need to explain this one any further.

Again, not downing our military, just pointing out that the dip$hits we entrust with spending our money do a piss poor job managing it. You are obviously very proud on our military. I am too. But to think that cutting a blank check with no accountability is justifiable is simply unacceptable.

Last edited:

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Where in the article does it mention that our fictitious leader uses the defense for other countries to benefit from?

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Some of you guys appear to think we could actually 'win' a nuclear war. That's scary. Even if we could shoot down most (you'd never get every one) of the incoming nukes, it would only take one or two detonated in the upper atmosphere to produce some huge EMP's which would set the USA back to the stone ages.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Some of you guys appear to think we could actually 'win' a nuclear war. That's scary. Even if we could shoot down most (you'd never get every one) of the incoming nukes, it would only take one or two detonated in the upper atmosphere to produce some huge EMP's which would set the USA back to the stone ages.
And the same the other way I assume?

blk02edge

Established Member
Maybe u should move to Canada. I hear they have a really strong Military there that completely relies on the US for its freedom and safety.

View attachment 1698995
You are terrifying levels of ignorant.

And I wouldn't laugh off the chinese, nobody but the chinese know what their spending is. Those Navy videos of UFO's is likely Chinese spy tech.

awful knawful

Established Member

View attachment 1698995
Canada relies on the US?

You watch too many movies.

Who the F wants to attack Canada? We mind our business. Unlike some others.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member

View attachment 1698995

Can we get a dislike button just for this post? This is just silly. But glad you support the military.

And also BS on anything china does. That is the budget they want you to know about. Don't forget they have people they pay pennies to that do good work because they are scared to be killed or put in slave camps. So like others say they get a lot for their money in plenty of ways.

blk02edge

Established Member
Canada relies on the US?

You watch too many movies.

Who the F wants to attack Canada? We mind our business. Unlike some others.
Canada would be an absolute prime target, and yes, we can thank the US that we haven't been made one. I really hate to admit but Canada is a tit sucking turd of a country politically

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
America's fall from dominance will resemble the fall of Rome. Unlike Rome, they didnt have more civilian firearms than there were citizens.

Even if we devolve into civil war and Balkinization, no one will ever hold CONUS but us. Alaska may lose parts, but we can get it back. Hawaii is ****ed.

We are all about to watch China and Russia flex on the world stage as China Joe Biden's incompetence (paid for and simply unfit for the Presidency) is on full display.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Whole conversation is a joke. China is fighting us economically and by buying up resources via creating infrastructure in developing countries i.e. those in Africa and putting them in their debt. Creeping in slowly gaining control of the future.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member

There doesn't exist any reliable system to just pick off missiles out of mid-air like you see on movies and videogames. Do not believe the hype. If russia or NK decided to launch against us you can believe most, if not all the missiles would reach their target. There have been many published papers debunking the whole concept of ground based midcourse defense.

Its like trying to shoot a bullet with another bullet while being blindfolded. In fact 10x more difficult with missiles. IBCMs are going something like 15,000mph in re-entry so the margin for error is near zero.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Not likely. Ever heard of HEMP, or survivability modes of communication satellites? Sure, the web will go dark and likely in advance of any missile strike. The phrase, no comms, no bombs is very true.

Users who are viewing this thread