Damn 911 turbo....

2thman

giggle gas expert
Established Member
I was out at my "practice" onramps (working on my 2-3 powershift) I do the usual stop, launch, wind it up to 4th prob 120 at the end of the ramp. I immediatly hit the brakes and start slowing when I see headlights FLYING toward me. V1 silent and car has low driving lights so not thinking fuzz. He whips beside me, yellow 911. Im doing about 70 and drop it in 3rd, he hammers it and is OFF. I wind it up but he is walking me alot worse than the last 991t I ran. I give up by 4th and he exits. This is not good because a neighbor just got an 02 911t and makes it a point to glare at me when he drives by:rollseyes I was going to wait for the predator+3.1upper, but what size upper would I need to take out a 911t? Im running 8.2 @89 in the 1/8 (without the tb on) Thanks

jason

KeefCobra

Established Member
Get the equalizer
pulley and chip

KeefCobra
3.1 pulley
diablochip
K+N dropin
Steeda cat back
Steeda catted X pipe
:burnout:

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
How much did you lose by? If it was more than 4-5 cars then I don't think the pulley/chip will be enough.

98gt281

Established Member
Damn dude they trap 120+, you will need a pulley for sure, but that should be enough, from a roll anyways.

Pyro

Established Member
Originally posted by KeefCobra
Get the equalizer
pulley and chip

KeefCobra
3.1 pulley
diablochip
K+N dropin
Steeda cat back
Steeda catted X pipe
:burnout:

What is the equalizer??

KeefCobra

Established Member
the "equalizer" is a performance upgrade (not a brand) to keep up with those pesky Z06's. vipers, modded 03 Cobras, and porcheTT's, supras and the occasional farrari's which usually includes pulley to create boost of 12lbs or greater along with other boltons and a reputable chip:bash:
KeefCobra

Pyro

Established Member
Aha! Similar to the term "BPU". So basically, I have the basics of an "equalizer" already as soon as I get the Predator.

Thanks for clearing that up.

robiferretti

Established Member
my advice is dont try and get in a pissing contest with someone who has more money then you, and a car that could be made stupid fast...be happy with what you have and being second best, its a lot cheaper that way

derryck

Established Member
I have a 2.80 pulley, chip, cat-back, o/r x-pipe, intake and trap at 120+mph and I've raced a couple and had trouble with both. They were very close races and were all in the 2nd-4th gear range... I wasn't paying attention to speed really. They're very fast. A guy down the street has a chipped GT2 and he might have an exhaust. I don't even want to try with him.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
They are beasts indeed. I have been fortunate enought to run into more than a few 996 TTs in the neighborhood. My BPU Cobra has a hard time keeping up...

Belmont

Established Member
As fast as stock ones go, the REALLY scary ones are the tuner cars. RUF, TechArt, Gemballa, ect. Gemballa has some that are over 750rwhp.

Ruf R turbo is 0-100 in under 8 seconds. I think about 7.4 if I remember right. Ive seen a vid on the history channel on the autobahn where they were test driving a ruf, and with 3 people they hit 210+ mph.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Originally posted by robiferretti
my advice is dont try and get in a pissing contest with someone who has more money then you, and a car that could be made stupid fast...be happy with what you have and being second best, its a lot cheaper that way

I don't agree with the 'quit without trying' attitude. No harm in giving him a friendly challenge. Mod your car and have fun running him. If you lose, so what?

That's the good thing about these cobras. We're chipping away at cars way out of our price range. If we take one down, that's cool for us. If we lose to one, so what, we SHOULD be losing to things 20k and more above us...Just doesn't always seem to work that way :thumbsup:.

Not everyone likes to modify their expensive cars. You never know, you may get him afterall. Never know unless you try.

Pyro

Established Member
Originally posted by Lethalchem
I don't agree with the 'quit without trying' attitude. No harm in giving him a friendly challenge. Mod your car and have fun running him. If you lose, so what?

That's the good thing about these cobras. We're chipping away at cars way out of our price range. If we take one down, that's cool for us. If we lose to one, so what, we SHOULD be losing to things 20k and more above us...Just doesn't always seem to work that way :thumbsup:.

Not everyone likes to modify their expensive cars. You never know, you may get him afterall. Never know unless you try.

I agree 100% especially the part about not getting to uptight about loosing. The cars everyone is talking about here are world class exotic cars that are anywhere from $75 and up. Even vipers would be happy to pull on these $100K + cars. Our $35K Cobras are chump change for these owners. Be happy that the 03 Cobras are even spoken in the same sentences as these exotics.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread