Damn posers

red96cobra

Drivin' on a rail
Established Member
Man I hate people who try to pass off fake cobras as real ones. This guy comes into work saturday with what appears to be a 95 cobra at first glance. Then I stick my head in the window and what do you know, no 160 mph speedo. So I ask the guy already knowing the answer if it's a real cobra. He says yeah so I call him on the speedo. Shut him up real quick. Idiots.

Nick
:burnout: :burnout:

tru dat, i get really annoyed when ppl put the cobra bumpers or badges on their car. Their is a lot of fake snakes here in the area, mostly concentrated around the downtown, south, and northwest side.....it really bothers me:mad:

duane v

Established Member
Originally posted by red96cobra
Man I hate people who try to pass off fake cobras as real ones. This guy comes into work saturday with what appears to be a 95 cobra at first glance. Then I stick my head in the window and what do you know, no 160 mph speedo. So I ask the guy already knowing the answer if it's a real cobra. He says yeah so I call him on the speedo. Shut him up real quick. Idiots.

Nick
:burnout: :burnout:
IMO, they are all fake Cobra's unless John Shelby had something to do with it..DA snake boy!!!

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
It's not that bad if they put Cobra bumpers, wheels, etc. on it. Just don't BADGE it like a Cobra UNLESS IT CAME FROM THE FACTORY LIKE THAT!!!! :-D

NITMARE

Established Member
Yeah I have no problem with people using cobra bumpers. Because they are a woth while add on as far as appearance goes.And as far as badging goes honestly I could care less. The reason being is that they can fool everyone driving by but they will never fool themselves or any stang owner that knows his Cobra's.No matter what he has made his car APPEAR to be he still thumbs through the classifieds looking for the real deal

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
I hate that sh#t too. Because of this, people then ask us with the REAL cobras if ours is a real cobra.

1 BA SVT

your momma likes it
Established Member
Who cares. After a certian point of modding you loose the factory equipment that made it a cobra in the first place. Besides I'd rather have all the idiots out racing the appearance cars and think mine is just another all show and no go car.

Run what ya brung.

Last edited:

RyClef331

Established Member
Hopefully I won't get flamed out of the SN95 section...this is pretty much the only part of the forum I post in (the mustang section is pretty slow and weak) but I don't have a Cobra...just a 94 GT. I don't try to pawn it off as one either though. I like saying "Nope, its just a GT." I think it makes people feel worse that it wasn't a cobra that spanked'em. The cobra bumper does look way better and if there is any confusion as to what my car is, read the back bumper. I run the Boss Inc. "Five-O" badges on the side...that a whole other story when I get "Oh this must be a special edition if its a 5.0. These were all 4.6's from the factory..." I usually respond with a polite, "you're absolutly right....it is a special edition. How much you give me for it??"

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
Originally posted by RyClef331
Hopefully I won't get flamed out of the SN95 section...

No problems with you GT guys keeping it a GT-badged GT. Just irks me when I see a fake Cobra get beat by a Slomaro, then he thinks he just beat a Cobra. Even worse when people think mine's a GT due to lack of knowledge. :shrug:

D1g1tal V3n0m

I have a SN95 Fobra that used to be a V-6. Only actual part that isn't a Cobra is the VIN#. I have the Cobra RR hood and gauge cluster and seats and all that. It's not the fake Cobras you're hating it's certain owners. My car is a Cobra through and through it's just not in the VIN#. I admit it. But it's IMO the ones that don't know their shit. People ask me and I usually call it the Fobra. Some call it the Cobra because that's what they see it as even though they know it used to be a V-6. I just wanted the V-6 into a Fobra because it was more fun to build and everything. Flame me if you want but I don't go running around calling it a Cobra it's the others that do. I only payed 4k$ for the car though with all the Cobra stuff in it. Just waiting for my rear end with 4.10s to come in and then I will be all set.

By the way I don't race it yet. Waiting for my nitrous and many other lists of mods to come in.

Last edited:

duane v

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Damn posers

Originally posted by blk96SVT
Caroll!??!?!
Ooops!!! Caroll, where did I get John from???
You know what my biggest beef is with some SVT owner's?? Its how they think they are are so superior to other Stang owner's, its really pathetic:rollseyes. It never fails with some SVT owner's and their famous quote to other Stang owner's is "your just mad because you cant afford a SVT Cobra":rollseyes..Personally I like hangin out with my 5.0 buddies, then to some of the SVT 4V'r A-holes in our area...Bottom line its just a Stang!!!DA snake boy!!!

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
It bugs me, but most people figure it out real quick. When the loud pedal is stomped on and you hear 3.8 liters of noise, you know that its something that its not. And 2-sided emblem tape and some bumpers don't make it fast.

Good point though, Duane. Most Cobra owners I know are jag-offs who think they own a chunk of gold. Don't get me wrong, I love my car and know what makes it special...but at the end of the day its still just a MUSTANG.

Cobro

Banned
Re: Re: Re: Re: Damn posers

Originally posted by duane v
You know what my biggest beef is with some SVT owner's?? Its how they think they are are so superior to other Stang owner's, its really pathetic:rollseyes. It never fails with some SVT owner's and their famous quote to other Stang owner's is "your just mad because you cant afford a SVT Cobra":rollseyes..Personally I like hangin out with my 5.0 buddies, then to some of the SVT 4V'r A-holes in our area...Bottom line its just a Stang!!!DA snake boy!!!

I Think the 3/4 Cobra’s are becoming the biggest "pre-Madonna"
Not all folks, but some!

Especially when it comes to certain events. They would never admit to it, but they would rather be among themselves

That’s just my Observations

Last edited:

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
"badge it right"

that is the only thing that bugs. i see cobra badges on almost anything and it bugs, and i dont even own a cobra!
Jd

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Damn posers

Originally posted by duane v

you're just mad because you can't afford a john shelby cobra. :lol: hahaha...j/k man.

I always look at the front wheels first. Its a tell tale sign of a real cobra vs. fake cobra. not many people are gonna spend the grand on the cobra brake upgrade package ;)

I remember one guy said my buddie's cobra wasn't real. My buddies cobra was absolutely bone stock. I asked him why he thought it was fake and he said "its got the running pony in the grille" I told him that is how it came from the factory. The cobra emblem in the grille is a 25$ aftermarket add on :) he didn't believe me.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Damn posers

Originally posted by Cobro
I Think the 3/4 Cobra’s are becoming the biggest Pre- Madonna’s
Not all folks, but some!

so would that only include AC and Shelby Cobra's? Being "pre-Madonna" and all.....:lol: :lol:

sorry, but when i saw that i couldn't resist.....perhaps you meant "prima donna"......

i have no problem w/ people using the bumpers and body pieces, but why put the snake emblems on....and no not all cobra owners are assholes...but it seems some people are just too thick headed to consider they might be wrong.....

Users who are viewing this thread