Damn posers

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Damn posers

Originally posted by Doug
I remember one guy said my buddie's cobra wasn't real. My buddies cobra was absolutely bone stock. I asked him why he thought it was fake and he said "its got the running pony in the grille" I told him that is how it came from the factory. The cobra emblem in the grille is a 25$ aftermarket add on :) he didn't believe me.

Someone tried that on me once. I had to pop the hood to prove their ignorance after already arguing for several minutes. I can't stand these Joe Nobodys off of the street that think they know more than I do about what I own...

Cobro

Banned
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Damn posers

sorry, but when i saw that i couldn't resist.....perhaps you meant "prima donna"......

Thanks, knew there was something wrong:eek:

WhiteDevil

Pushrod Power
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Damn posers

Originally posted by Tabres
Someone tried that on me once. I had to pop the hood to prove their ignorance after already arguing for several minutes. I can't stand these Joe Nobodys off of the street that think they know more than I do about what I own...
I know sorry to be off topic but i argued once with a guy who new for sure that my car was a 4.6 and i didnt know what i was talking about. Till we went outside and popped my hood. On a more related note i hate fake cobras. But i do love to point them out.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I have a Z28 badge on the fenders of my Cobra....No flaming.

DOHC Rocket

Established Member
The only people I ever seen in fake cobras are mexicans with v6 with the snakes on the side and the GIANT SVT on the back. It looks absolutely shameful when its done like that.

duane v

Established Member
Originally posted by DOHC Rocket
The only people I ever seen in fake cobras are mexicans with v6 with the snakes on the side and the GIANT SVT on the back. It looks absolutely shameful when its done like that.
:rolleyes: Now these are the type of 4V owners I stay clear of...DA snake Boy!!!

ya know be4 i said that i hate it, but ive come to the point now that there isnt anything ya can do and oh well......and duane u are right bout all of us being stangs in the end cus thats what we are:):rockon:

GeoSnake

Mustang Week Staff
Established Member
I think the thing that irks me more than anything is to see the Cobra badge on an entirely different vehicle, like a Thunderbird. I've always been of the oppinion that to buy the Cobra, or SVT, fender badge you had to prove ownership of a true Cobra.

Neko

THE ANTI-RICE
Established Member
well there is a ton of folks that dont know what they are lookin at when they see fake, or a real cobra, they would pick a fake over mine if it had the grill snake. but lets say this if someone is goin to take the time and money to build a cobra, i think that they should get a build number with the SVT motor, but they should only badge this as a cobra if EVERYTHYING sis done right, and shouldnt get real badges until it is done right. i might get burned on this, but build number for motors should be sent, after the butoff of build numbers for that year motor. and ideas on this. BTW, this doesnt approve my badges on a damn V-6 like what i brought up on my local board a few weeks ago.

Users who are viewing this thread