dash plaque

Lad30nyc

Established Member
my friend just bought an '09 GT500 and I was wondering are there any dash plaques that he can get that are similar to the ones guys get for the 03-04 cobras?

TaraFirma

Established Member
here is the website: Terminator ID Tags

this is what the tags look like for the GT500

badges.jpg

Last edited:

fastlif

Established Member
the dash plaques are available from Shelby with his signature and your VIN etc. ~$400. There are several threads on here about it somewhere.

Spawn

mmjax.com webmaster
Established Member
You have to buy the kit and it includes billet door sill bezels that say Shelby instead of SVT.

You have to go thru the Team Shelby website to get the set.

Last edited:

fastlif

Established Member
I can't find it on the website now. Surely they are still available. It is expensive but I figured if the old man dies I will always wish I woulda bit the bullet and bought it. It really looks nice in the car too. Gets people's attention when they get in the car.

Lad30nyc

Established Member
I can't find it on the website now. Surely they are still available. It is expensive but I figured if the old man dies I will always wish I woulda bit the bullet and bought it. It really looks nice in the car too. Gets people's attention when they get in the car.

Thats what we were talking about if the guy kicks the bucket, we will be saying, "I knew I should of ordered the plaque..."

Lad30nyc

Established Member
Dam Im looking and I can't find it. I'm going to call them tomorrow and see what they say, unless someone else here has more info.

TexasShelby

Established Member
The majority of the money for the plaque goes for his signature. All monies collected for his signature go to his children's foundation and is not for profit organization. This is a quote directly from the site.

"Over the years, the Foundation has evolved from the Carroll Shelby Heart Fund, with a specific dedication to providing support for organ transplants, into the Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation to help children who face all types of serious illnesses and the organizations that provide medical assistance. The Carroll Shelby Foundation will continue to help children battling life-threatening illnesses.

In addition, we will now assist kids as they grow into young adults by funding scholarships and supporting educational programs in automotive and related fields. Our first step towards this objective was to team with Northeast Texas Community College's Carroll Shelby Automotive Technology Center. Automotive education is important to the future of our great industry, and we're proud to help cultivate tomorrow's engineers, mechanics and designers."

Of course you can send in any car part and for $200-$300 to be signed, I can't remember exactly. But whatever it is, it goes to his foundation for kids. And if someone is pissed about how much it costs, they can list it as a charity on their taxes and take the deduction.

Last edited:

camdenlake

Established Member
I got one from the charity direct and its much different. I have never seen one like it. We thought it was a mistake. Its the alum plate but nothing but the sig. Looks very nice. Havent put it on yet. Was not sure how to protect the sharpie signature.

Josh

Lad30nyc

Established Member
Ok so here is the update on the signed dash plaque, apparently shelby and the manufacturer for the piece are no longer working together. They are currently looking for a new company to work with, so they said it would be a few months before it available again.

If anyone knows another way to get one, if you could pass along the info it would be great, thanks.

camdenlake

Established Member
Ok so here is the update on the signed dash plaque, apparently shelby and the manufacturer for the piece are no longer working together. They are currently looking for a new company to work with, so they said it would be a few months before it available again.

If anyone knows another way to get one, if you could pass along the info it would be great, thanks.

I ask my wife who ordered it. Ours that is just a plate with sig came from the charity directly. I would think they are still available??

Josh

Users who are viewing this thread