Day of burnouts and hardshifting..

Black Sex

Established Member
I was doing burnouts with NT05's the street tires not slicks.. you can call them slicks at that point lol

I ordered a fore cover this morning direct from fore (last 1 they had pretty much)

I was going MM front/rear diff mounts and steeda subframe mounts

so I'm still going to wheel hop like a mad joker with this shit?

I have MM poly bushings in my subframe and control arms, and FTBR delrin bushings in my diff mounts. I have very minimal hop. I have a extra subframe and control arms that im thinking of buying FTBR delin bushing for those but I dont know if its worth the hassel and money. No offence Bruce. Im curious as to what the difference would be. MM poly vs FTBR delrin for the subframe and control arms

Gun5

Established Member
True, but if his current cover is cracked, then you might as well pick one up as the cost of a replacement ford cover + BF IRS Brace will equal the same.

Though Fore doesnt make the IRS cover anymore.......unless they are doing a limited run.

your right fore isn't making them anymore.. but I got the last of 1 or 2.. peoples CC's do go through on the last buy last month

cobracide

Established Member
True, but if his current cover is cracked, then you might as well pick one up as the cost of a replacement ford cover + BF IRS Brace will equal the same.

Though Fore doesnt make the IRS cover anymore.......unless they are doing a limited run.

There are other options, with several different manufacturers of diff covers.

Gun5

Established Member
the way I saw it was.. the brace is $150-$170 (Already have a steeda) and a new cover is $170-$199.. so I might as well do the fore.. which will be here monday :burnout: :rockon:

sc98cbra

Established Member
Tires with a nice side-wall and sticky tread will stop wheel-hop.

My previous 04 cobra had just 315/35 MT ET streets, no upgraded bushings or differential brace, and never had a lick of wheel hop.

Teej281

Established Member
First off, why were you an idiot and burn off the NT05's. They are great tires...too good to burn off to get rid of. If they had any kind of tread left on them, someone probably could have bought them to auto-x on. And wheel hop is only the worst symptom of a horribly mounted IRS. Poly will bind slightly less than rubber, but will still have deflection. I'll put it to you this way...imagine an SRA. Would you put in poly/poly control arms or would you put in spherical/spherical control arms? Easy decision...sperical/sperical. 0 Deflection! Poly control arms are junk and a waste of money...just like going poly bushings and mounts on an IRS. If you put poly diff mounts on there, there is still going to be movement of the diff in the mount. Poly flexes like rubber does. Also, if you have poly control arm and subframe bushings, youre going to get flex in the subframe and youre control arms will bind up and not allow the suspension to articulate freely like it should, hence not allowing as good of 60' times, lap time, what have you.

All in all, the build up of your IRS, save for the FORE cover, is a massive fail.

Gun5

Established Member
why the name calling? ? if I wanted to burn off $1,500 tires I have the right too? they where already past the wear bars i know they had life but whatever

and I guess ill be switching put the rearen

75680_457086693317_529233317_5578386_1179860_n.jpg

71973_457087033317_529233317_5578403_7863919_n.jpg

sprstr1000

WHIPPLECHARGED
Established Member
I was doing burnouts with NT05's the street tires not slicks.. you can call them slicks at that point lol

I ordered a fore cover this morning direct from fore (last 1 they had pretty much)

I was going MM front/rear diff mounts and steeda subframe mounts

so I'm still going to wheel hop like a mad joker with this shit?

LOL I think Fore tells everyone (your gettin the last one we got)

Gun5

Established Member
ohwell.. after having 4-5 diff covers in my hands over the years this one is DEF the best made one EVER bar none...

from the quality to looks

Users who are viewing this thread