Daytime DIG- Auto C6Z06 vs 6spd LS7 SS

WSsick

Established Member
Was rushed out the door and forgot my gopro, but other than that it was an awesome race between two nasty cars! Score is 1-1 between the Z06 and SS, round 3 will hopefully be clean!

Watch close and you can see the Z06 spin a bit at the beginning, but the orange Camaro gets real loose if you carefully watch it.

[video=youtube;ciQf5AvtPiQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciQf5AvtPiQ[/video]

Auto Z06 vs 6 speed SS from a dig! - YouTube

SnotRod

Established Member
Good run. But I figured that z would have murdered that SS with the power he claims?? Cars moved out and day time runs FTMFW!!!!

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Camaro runs hard. The Vette should have quite a bit more power and the Camaro is a 6 speed to boot. Definitely closer than I thought.

SnotRod

Established Member
I wonder what he makes with the auto in it now. has to suck up a ton of power. and a dyno is just a number...

If I am not mistaken he claimed 700's N/A. And with the auto the car should be a ton faster from a dig I would think. My C6 Z made 625 N/A and will pretty much beat about 90% of the cars I go up against. And for the other 10% I spray!!lol and I know all about the dyno just being a number, my Kenne bell cobra ran door to door with my Z on motor.

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
If I am not mistaken he claimed 700's N/A. And with the auto the car should be a ton faster from a dig I would think. My C6 Z made 625 N/A and will pretty much beat about 90% of the cars I go up against. And for the other 10% I spray!!lol and I know all about the dyno just being a number, my Kenne bell cobra ran door to door with my Z on motor. ��

what cam and heads do you have? I remember him saying he made 700 on a 6 speed with a high comp. 427 built motor. that auto prob sucks up a good 60-70hp.. plus those tires gotta take up some.. my z06 lost 40hp by throwing 28in et streets on it. threw the stockers back on and she made 581/516.

the general rule of thumb with cobras vs z06. it takes about 75-100hp for a cobra to be door to door with a z06..

Last edited:

WSsick

Established Member
Thanks guys! Z06 makes more power, but traction off the line wasn't so hot. Camaro just hooks n books, even without any prep.

Rosco P

Bitter clinger…
Established Member
Glad they could fit in some runs between recalls.

They do sound mean as hell.

SnotRod

Established Member
what cam and heads do you have? I remember him saying he made 700 on a 6 speed with a high comp. 427 built motor. that auto prob sucks up a good 60-70hp.. plus those tires gotta take up some.. my z06 lost 40hp by throwing 28in et streets on it. threw the stockers back on and she made 581/516.

the general rule of thumb with cobras vs z06. it takes about 75-100hp for a cobra to be door to door with a z06..

I have mast black label heads and a custom spec cam, 2 in headers and a 102 fast set up. Even though you lose power from a auto of tires doesn't make the car slower. The tires help and so does the auto. You might lose numbers on the dyno, but you will lower et's and pick up mph. My cobra made 720 and my z at the time made 580.

Scorch

Established Member
Little late to the party.. but to clarify a couple of things.
1. No 700 wasn't a quote of crank hp lol
2. Street is great equalizer, this was my first race with the car at 100%.
3. Whats hard to in the vid besides some smoke and car getting a little sideways is that the car spun all of first gear going into second. At this point the camaro was out about ~3 cars on me at which point I had to run him down and pass him before the marked 1/4.. that should give you an idea of how the cars run.
4. It has a 4l65e not 80e.

Users who are viewing this thread