Dealer Cost v Invoice on Hellcat

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Depends on what you consider lower mileage, but there are 8 under 50k right now 4 of which are autos. in the 20k mile range.

In another year when warranties start to run out there will be a ton in the low 40s which make them a STEAL for the power you get.

Yep.. or less. Values are dropping like a lead balloon. Once Demon is released, theyll drop even more.

Such a great car... exciting time to get into an HC!

I feel bad for those that paid MSRP or more as recently as 6 months ago.

Last week Huntington Beach Dodge out here had 20 (yeah twenty) of them advertised for $10k off MSRP. Walk into the dealer and you could do even better im sure.

sleek98

Established Member
If I wasnt so deep into my Shelby at this point I would get a charger. Nothing like a 4 door boat that will run high 9s with only a few thousand in mods.

Jefe

Established Member
Depends on what you consider lower mileage, but there are 8 under 50k right now 4 of which are autos. in the 20k mile range.

In another year when warranties start to run out there will be a ton in the low 40s which make them a STEAL for the power you get.
I spent about 3 months researching and locating mine. 20K miles is kinda high. I wanted less than 15K miles plus I had to have the Charger as the Challenger doesn't do it for me. I also wanted a '15 due to low production numbers, the 5 year/100K drivetrain warranty(5/60 on 16/17s) and the fold down rear console which is gone for '16 and 17. Chargers are on average about $5K more.

Ya I feel bad for those that bought at invoice :) I bought used for way less and Im loving every minute of it

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
I wasn't aware the 5/100k was only on the 15. Wonder why that is, hmm, may need to look more. I think I would really want purple if I got a charger, see it on 16, but will need to see if it's for 15'. Too many of you want orange, so option 2 lol.

Edit: Seems 16' color.

Last edited:

earl lee

Established Member
Reason you're seeing so many 15's for sell with low miles are the guys who bought them with markups trying to get out from them now. Dodge said they were going to limit how many they build, yeah right. FCA is a build them to they stop selling car company. Doing low build numbers on a 60k car doesnt make much sense if you have alot of people that want them.

As far as IHI is concern, I dont blame them I blame FCA. FCA put shitty bearings in the blowers to cut cost like they always do (see 3rd gen viper v10 rod bearing issues). I have a IHI blower on my srt6 and they also supplied MB with blowers for the blown amg v8's and v6's they made during the early 2000's.

My car has 170k miles on the same blower, no bearing issue PERIOD. I changed the blower oil like 30k miles ago. IHI makes rock solid superchargers, the blame is FCA and there shit cost cutting unfortunately. At least they are owning up to it and replacing the blowers before they blow up due to bearing failure.

Never_Enough

Established Member

I won't be in the market for a new toy anytime soon, but if the Charger Hellcats dip below $40k when I am, I will have to consider one in the right color w/right options & A8 trans.

Jefe

Established Member
At least they are owning up to it and replacing the blowers before they blow up due to bearing failure.
$13K each according to the invoices I've seen. If 200 have been replaced thats $2.6mil
I won't be in the market for a new toy anytime soon, but if the Charger Hellcats dip below $40k when I am, I will have to consider one in the right color w/right options & A8 trans.
Below $40K is a long way away. Used Chargers seem to be stuck at $55K+ and have been since October. You may have to wait until late 2018 to see low 40s and by then they will have 50K miles

If any superchargers go out after the 5 year warranty, most will go Whipple since its half the cost

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
I've seen a few used Chargers under the $55k threshold. Right now on autotrader, there is a purple one with 6k miles for $50k. I think we will see sub 50k by the end of summer. There may be some below that now, but I had it set for only one color.

Never_Enough

Established Member
$13K each according to the invoices I've seen. If 200 have been replaced thats $2.6mil

Below $40K is a long way away. Used Chargers seem to be stuck at $55K+ and have been since October. You may have to wait until late 2018 to see low 40s and by then they will have 50K miles

If any superchargers go out after the 5 year warranty, most will go Whipple since its half the cost
If they sell new for $55k now & many are already in the 40s, it shouldn't be too long before they dip below $40k. I think it will be at least 2018 before I look for another fancy toy anyway so I can wait. Other vehicles I'll consider before the HC anyway.

Jefe

Established Member
I wasn't aware the 5/100k was only on the 15. Wonder why that is, hmm, may need to look more. I think I would really want purple if I got a charger, see it on 16, but will need to see if it's for 15'. Too many of you want orange, so option 2 lol
Theres a private party PCP Purple '16 Charger in Indy with 2,500 miles for $56,900 on the Hellcat site

fgfgdgdfg-jpg.158153

If they sell new for $55k now & many are already in the 40s, it shouldn't be too long before they dip below $40k. I think it will be at least 2018 before I look for another fancy toy anyway so I can wait. Other vehicles I'll consider before the HC anyway.
Challengers just came down to the mid 50s but then you add TTL and you're over $60K. I dont know of any new Chargers selling under $60K

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
As far as IHI is concern, I dont blame them I blame FCA. FCA put shitty bearings in the blowers to cut cost like they always do (see 3rd gen viper v10 rod bearing issues). I have a IHI blower on my srt6 and they also supplied MB with blowers for the blown amg v8's and v6's they made during the early 2000's.
My car has 170k miles on the same blower, no bearing issue PERIOD. I changed the blower oil like 30k miles ago. IHI makes rock solid superchargers, the blame is FCA and there shit cost cutting unfortunately. At least they are owning up to it and replacing the blowers before they blow up due to bearing failure.
I'm reading the exact opposite of what you posted here about blaming FCA. I'm reading IHI is to blame for the bearing issues and not FCA.
I also read on the Hellcat forum, after a forum member did some "research" on the history of IHI superchargers, that they were not that great at all.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Theres a private party PCP Purple '16 Charger in Indy with 2,500 miles for $56,900 on the Hellcat site

fgfgdgdfg-jpg.158153

Challengers just came down to the mid 50s but then you add TTL and you're over $60K. I dont know of any new Chargers selling under $60K
PCP or GoMango are the way to go!!!

Users who are viewing this thread