Dealer offered 27,000 What do you think?

comp 04

Jesus Saves
Established Member
Yea I believe I will be trading the Cobra. My local dealer offered me 27,000 For my car with no mods. The car just turned 10,000 Miles. Would you guys take this or not.

I am going to miss this car but I just bought a bike and I figured I have too many toys (or that is what my wife said) and thougt I would buy my wife something nice.

:cryying: :cryying: :cryying:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
If its a coupe, I'd say go for another 1.5K, if its a vert I'd say hell no.

comp 04

Jesus Saves
Established Member
oh yea should have stated that. It is a coupe with chromies.

HONBOY1

Established Member
They must be worth more down there because you wouldn't get near that in chicago for a trade. i just bought my '03 cobra in may which had 5,000 miles on it. I paid $28,000.00 for it which was decent compared to what other dealers were asking for a cobra. I would love to get $27,000.00 for my coupe right now. I would go trade it for the new vette!!!

Rudy

Twin screwed
Established Member
here in jersey, i see alot of used 03 going for that price with less miles on them from a car dealers.(autotrader site) it means who ever traded it got less than 27000 for it.

realsmith

Wally World or Bust
Established Member
That sounds pretty reasonable. If Georgia is like Texas you only have to pay taxes on the difference if you buy a more expensive vehicle. That would bring your benefit up about another $1,500 to $28,500.

orange2004cobra

Established Member
I only got 27.5 for my 04 with 5k miles on it...
Ford killed all the new Cobra owners in the world when they issued rebates...
L.

earl lee

Established Member
Originally posted by orange2004cobra
I only got 27.5 for my 04 with 5k miles on it...
Ford killed all the new Cobra owners in the world when they issued rebates...
L.

LMAO, might want to add they killed it when they overproduced it also.

IDAREU

Banned
They offered you $27k on what? Make sure the car your buying is a good price first.

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Originally posted by comp 04
My local dealer offered me 27,000 For my car with no mods.
Are you saying you're trading in your Cobra on a new vehicle and the dealer is going to give you $27,000 for it? If so, it's impossible for anyone here to tell you if this is a good deal. We don't know what you're trading the car in for, and how much that new car is going to cost. You could be getting $27,000 on paper for your trade-in, but you may be over-paying for the new car you're buying. We'll need more details to render a judgement. :)

Generally speaking, you'd be lucky to get $25K for trade-in at most dealers right now. $27K sounds too high. My guess is they are playing the numbers game with you. If this is a Car Max deal where you drive the car up and they hand you a check for $27K, I'd say take it and run!

-Greg

White Cobra331

Established Member
If they are giving you 27,000 off of the sticker price on a new vehicle that probably costs 35-40 thousand you arent getting very much. Look at it like this, if you weren't trading anything in, and just went to but a new car that was say 40,000, it should be no problem to get them to come off the sticker 4-5,000 not counting any rebates.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
If they are really giving you $27,000 you are very lucky, and if you want to trade in you should take it.

comp 04

Jesus Saves
Established Member
Thanks guys, I am going today to try and get the best deal I can. So far what he is going to sell me the tahoe for is around what kelly blue book list so I should be able to cut a couple grand off of that.

Thanks for the help

04yellowcobra

Established Member
I was attempting to trade my 04 on an 04 Zo6 and they were ready to give me 27k for a car that I didn't even have at the dealer. I had them down to 49.5k on the Z too. But I walked I am not ready for another 200 bucks a month.

If they gave me 27k for the cobra I would still be taking a 5k hit on the cobra..... So thats where that extra 5k I still owed on the cobra was hidden.

Good luck man, I am keeping the cobra for now.... and this is the last brand new car I will EVER buy. If I get the Zo6 it will be used.

Later
Jason

03cobra76

11 second club
Established Member
Originally posted by 04yellowcobra
I was attempting to trade my 04 on an 04 Zo6 and they were ready to give me 27k for a car that I didn't even have at the dealer. I had them down to 49.5k on the Z too. But I walked I am not ready for another 200 bucks a month.

If they gave me 27k for the cobra I would still be taking a 5k hit on the cobra..... So thats where that extra 5k I still owed on the cobra was hidden.

Good luck man, I am keeping the cobra for now.... and this is the last brand new car I will EVER buy. If I get the Zo6 it will be used.

Later
Jason

I dont know where you live but in Nashville TN they are offering 04 Z06's for $39k, you might want to look into that.

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Originally posted by 03cobra76
...04 Z06's for $39k...
:eek: :bowdown: $39K Z06! :-D Hmmm...wonder what my local Chevy dealers have in stock... :burn:

-Greg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by earl lee
LMAO, might want to add they killed it when they overproduced it also.
It's really a shame what Ford has done to the Cobra. One can only hope that they will treat the '07 Cobra better, and consider the customer a bit more. :shrug:

comp 04

Jesus Saves
Established Member
I feel like i am going to get an ulser (sp) from this stress. I want to get rid of it so my wife will have a nice dependable every day driver. Also I would like to feel like i am paying for more than just something to race.

Do you guys think 585 for 72 months at 5% is ok for a 03 tahoe LT with everything but dvd and third row seat. I still owe 30 on the cobra. If I agree to the deal i believe after the payoff my cobra tax tag and title will be 36000.

Sorry to whine about this but just need to vent and hear some opinions.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread