Dealership must be smoking crack!!!

JohninMD

Established Member
JSZ03 said:
I guess I got hosed then....oh well

nah i wouldn't say that. The dealership made money yes, but they are a business and you have to expect that. Getting hosed would be buying this one at the top for 30k

jec1521

Jay
Established Member
The dealership I bought my truck from has two DSG's. An 03 with 8,000 miles for $28,000, and an 04 with 27,000 miles for $32,000!

WTF

JSZ03

Local Mustang Legend
Established Member
It does look good towing the Cobra, though...

chevytosvt

Guns go bang
Established Member
JohninMD said:
nah i wouldn't say that. The dealership made money yes, but they are a business and you have to expect that. Getting hosed would be buying this one at the top for 30k

Exactly I wouldn't say you got hosed at all!! I would have loved to get say an 03/04 I would have even payed a little more, But I found one that had around the mileage I was looking for and the price was right! :thumbsup:

03blklightning

INTERCEPTOR
Established Member
That is alot. I bought mine out of Ohio and it only had 31000 miles on it. And all the mods in my sig except for the xcal2. I paid 22500 out the door.

jec1521

Jay
Established Member
That particular truck is a robbery, but the price of our trucks (and all cars for that matter) really depends on the area. Dealerships are asking close to $30,000 for all 03/04 around me, no matter what the mileage.

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
I should go by that dealership with the Silver L and test drive it and act like i want to buy it,.....then back out and tell them how ****ING LAME the exhaust is.

SVTxXxFreak6

TSAFE MOTHER****ER
Established Member
I got my 04 L with 24k miles for 19,300 with exhaust and CAI. :pepper:

Dealers in Miami are just as stupid with prices, saw an 02L with 45k miles for 25k at a lot near my job the other day..:nono:

8sm

HELE in 321
Established Member
samiam513 said:
4 years ago I bought my 02 with 7k miles for 18k Out the door. People these days are getting hosed.

I would ask us to not think of it as getting HOSED. We own something that is no longer made, relatively limited production and recognized as, at one time, the fastest production built truck. All of which builds value.

Don't knock it, be proud of it. Someday you may want that value should you decide to pass it on. I'm glad I purchased mine when I did and hope the value either stabilizes or grows. The gas issue bringing down the value is lame excuse, most of us who own or are serious buyers can afford them or budget accordingly.

todd abbott

Established Member
You know you guys should just anti up, the owner of that dealers ship has a vacation home that needs to be paid for. The price is about 6K-7K high, which gives the dealer plenty of wiggle room on the deal, I bet they paid less than 20K for it so thats not a bad profit margin say 30%. Anyone that pay's that price hasn't shopped, Al's DSG which was beautiful, and tastefully modded by JDM just sold for 24+.

samiam513

Banned
8sm said:
I would ask us to not think of it as getting HOSED. We own something that is no longer made, relatively limited production and recognized as, at one time, the fastest production built truck. All of which builds value.

But it is!

WE dictate the cost of goods. The PURCHASERS dictate cost! If we do not purchase then the price goes down! There is a point of equilibrium. Simple economics.

When someone purchases a vehicle for 30k that is only worth 20k they are getting hosed and making a false image in the market that the vehicle is actually worth 30k.

These trucks were going out the door BRAND NEW for $27,800 all day long from 02 on. Anyone who paid more than that over paid. Plain and simple.

wydopnthrtl

Established Member
I don't question peoples pricing anymore. I choose rather, to participate in the free market society we all live in.

Children complain..

Grown men negotiate..

Rich :coolman:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread