Dealing with Ford on a 1.0 Ecoboost, Premature Timing Belt Failure

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Having had to rebuilt a Focus DCT twice now and getting ready to dump another 17 Focus,,,,,,Ford can get bent. Also, what clown show moron thought it would be a good idea to make a 2 piece lug nut that swells up and can't be removed due to the defect? The local Ford dealer then treated my wife badly when she stopped in the second time the DCT went out, we had purchased 5 Fords from them from 2013-2017 so instead of another Ford, in March went to Hyundai and bought her a loaded Ioniq limited with the ultimate package.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Having had to rebuilt a Focus DCT twice now and getting ready to dump another 17 Focus,,,,,,Ford can get bent. Also, what clown show moron thought it would be a good idea to make a 2 piece lug nut that swells up and can't be removed due to the defect? The local Ford dealer then treated my wife badly when she stopped in the second time the DCT went out, we had purchased 5 Fords from them from 2013-2017 so instead of another Ford, in March went to Hyundai and bought her a loaded Ioniq limited with the ultimate package.
Multiple manufacturers use the same lugnuts.

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Multiple manufacturers use the same lugnuts.

Point being Ford refused to deal with it under warranty and it affected two of my vehicles. But its OK, I have other options and went another direction with my last car.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Point being Ford refused to deal with it under warranty and it affected two of my vehicles. But its OK, I have other options and went another direction with my last car.
It's not a warrant-able defect.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
If your dealer is 'good', I'd say there's an 80% chance this gets handled up the chain from you.

That's an example of a poor dealer, or you being an asshole and them not wanting to help you. Just saying lol

This right here. comming from a ford dealer.

So much hate in this thread. Thanks for chimming in.

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
If your dealer is 'good', I'd say there's an 80% chance this gets handled up the chain from you.

That's an example of a poor dealer, or you being an asshole and them not wanting to help you. Just saying lol

I do believe you are correct in that my issues are more of a dealer issue, however, that is no excuse for ford customer service to tell me i'm SOL. They attempted twice to fix the oil pan and on the second one, they logged the mileage incorrectly which meant on the 3rd pan, the mileage in their system showed it had more than 12k miles on the pan and the truck was past the 60k power train warranty. At the same time, they noticed oil leaking from the driver side head gasket.

Maybe not the best way to deal with it but in frustration, I drove to the dealer next door and traded it in.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I do believe you are correct in that my issues are more of a dealer issue, however, that is no excuse for ford customer service to tell me i'm SOL. They attempted twice to fix the oil pan and on the second one, they logged the mileage incorrectly which meant on the 3rd pan, the mileage in their system showed it had more than 12k miles on the pan and the truck was past the 60k power train warranty. At the same time, they noticed oil leaking from the driver side head gasket.

Maybe not the best way to deal with it but in frustration, I drove to the dealer next door and traded it in.

Did you not pay attention to the paper work you received? The same information on your paper work is the same information Ford receive. You do play a part in this equation. The out come could have been different depending on how your approach was.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread