Deals on 14 GT

Commbubba19

because racecar....crash
Established Member
Anyone looking to pick up a '14 GT and take advantage since dealers are likely trying to make room for the incoming 15's?

I'm torn on trying to rape (haha) a dealer on a 14 GT vs saving and getting a 15+ GT. There's just something about getting a really good deal on a car that makes it appealing. However, the 15 does seem to be a great improvement over the 14 it might be hard to justify.

'14 Shelby

Established Member
why do you think the '15 is a "great" improvement?

Depending on your "goal" with the car would help. If you are looking to build a 9 second car, I would lean towards the '14. the extra cash will help you be able to mod sooner rather than later since '15 mod parts aren't available yet.

If you are keeping it stock and no changes, then its a matter of simply cost and waiting for the '15

Angry50

Established Member
personally id go for the 15. but you will have to keep in mind there will not be a lot of mods out. and you cant just do an O/R x you would need long tubes to remove cats. but it does have better internals and is the new hotness lol

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
I'd say if you're looking to mod period. Get a 14. Unless you're tickled to bat shit about IRS. I personally don't care for IRS.

As for stronger internals, sure they forged the rods but didn't do anything for the pistons, which means you're basically in the same boat as the 11-14 guys. 600 WHP or less is going to be considered "Safe"

My local dealer had a 14 white GT/CS Auto with every option for 28k a couple days ago. I'd think you could find a complete steal on a base 5.0 right now, in the neighborhood of 23-24k just stabbing in the dark.

RJ13GT

Established Member
Im thinking about 5-10+ years from now the '11-'14 Mustangs are going to be more desirable than the '15+ for those looking for an older Mustang.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

RJ13GT

Established Member
Why? Live axle?

Well i think mostly because ( including the 05-10) the s197 body style is more of a timeless design. I feel after a while the '15 will look dated and if your looking to buy an older Mustang in the future the '11-'14 will be more desirable because of the body style and engine combo. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

5.0jake

Established Member
As for stronger internals, sure they forged the rods but didn't do anything for the pistons, which means you're basically in the same boat as the 11-14 guys. 600 WHP or less is going to be considered "Safe"

I did not realize that about the pistons but that is a good point since they seem to be the Achilles heel for the Coyote, not the rods...

My local dealer had a 14 white GT/CS Auto with every option for 28k a couple days ago. I'd think you could find a complete steal on a base 5.0 right now, in the neighborhood of 23-24k just stabbing in the dark.

That would be funny as I just got offered $25k for my base auto 14' 5.0 with 9k miles for trade at a local Ford dealer... (was working out possibly trading and ordering a 15' GT or echoboost) Decided to hold off though.

Users who are viewing this thread