Dear 2 wheel Folks

FJohnny

Established Member
I literally stopped reading after that. That is quite possibly one of the dumbest statements I've ever seen with regards to traffic safety. That's like somebody saying it's not a pedestrian's responsibility to make sure he doesn't walk out in front of a bus from between parked cars.

I would take your example a step further. A pedestrian crossing on a walk light or a bike going through his green light intersection better presume right of way to EVERY other vehicle on the road.

You hardly ever hear the dead guy bragging about how he was in the right. Almost never.

Assume that the 'other guy' is an idiot and you'll rarely be disappointed.

Coiled03

Established Member
I literally stopped reading after that. That is quite possibly one of the dumbest statements I've ever seen with regards to traffic safety. That's like somebody saying it's not a pedestrian's responsibility to make sure he doesn't walk out in front of a bus from between parked cars.

Good. I'm glad you stopped. You clearly didn't read the rest of that sentence, and you wouldn't have understood the rest of the post, anyhow. It's way above your intelligence.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I JUST got back from some old **** coming from opposite direction cut in front of me to park her car in the driveway. I was prob going 30mph and slowed down in time but had the back end of the bike trying to swing forward. As she parked i looked at her and said "**** you". She didnt know wtf she did wrong. Some people are just clueless. People like that need to gtfo off the road. If I was in a car im not sure I would have slowed down in time. I had around 2-3 car lengths to react.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Jeez. Glad you’re ok!

Idiots don’t pay attention!!!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Zemedici

Established Member
I JUST got back from some old **** coming from opposite direction cut in front of me to park her car in the driveway. I was prob going 30mph and slowed down in time but had the back end of the bike trying to swing forward. As she parked i looked at her and said "**** you". She didnt know wtf she did wrong. Some people are just clueless. People like that need to gtfo off the road. If I was in a car im not sure I would have slowed down in time. I had around 2-3 car lengths to react.

majority of people are clueless. THAT is the ****ing problem.

And what about the rest of us, that HAVE a ****ing clue? They get to go through life just looking up at shit, and we gotta look out for them?

Totally fair.

Stupid should be expensive. SO Expensive.

Blackoyote

Established Member
What I’d be interested in is taking a group of average street bike riders and take them to a closed course and see what level riders they really are.

Go to any track day and you'll see a lot of them getting humbled...I was one of them my very first time.

I thought I was fast because I could drag my knee, and I was one of the slowest people once I got on the track in the novice group.

I'm now a pointy end B group rider (or slow A group depending on organization), and there's always a few guys doing their first day who think because they're the fastest in their crew that they belong in B group, so that's what they sign up for...usually takes 1/2 a lap for them to realize they're in the deeper end of the pool, or a coach will remove them lol.

Guys who grow up riding in the mountains are a different story, I know quite a few of them that went out and are running 10-15 seconds off MotoAmerica pace on their first days...****ing animals.

Users who are viewing this thread